CHAPTER 32

We gathered everything we needed. Nyx snatched her files, notes, laptop, and almost everything. She told me it was important for them to never find her stuff. She washed her arms, hands, and face because they were covered in blood.

I was standing outside the bathroom, staring at her. She caught me and smirked.

"Anything on me?" She glanced at the mirror.

"No. It's just...how did you get out of here? You were in the bathroom and suddenly you were outside."

She chuckled, "there's a secret door around here. It was built for an emergency like this." She licked her lips and stepped closer to me, "I promise I'm not a threat. Don't be scared if I kill people in front of you."

"If you say so."

She walked past me and snatched a hoodie from her closet, throwing it at me, "wear it." She grabbed a bottle of water from her bedside table, "pull up the hoodie so your face is hidden." She drank some of it.

I did like she told me to because I knew she was trying to protect me. She checked the outside to make sure nobody suspicious was there. Once the coast was clear, she led me to her car. I pulled the hoodie to cover my face more.

I sat on the passenger seat and took off the hoodie because I was soaking wet underneath it. The weather that day was testing my patience. She got in after she threw the bags in the backseat. She started the engine and let it roar for a while then, pulled away from the parking lot.

More tourists visited the town that day. It was more packed than before. I turned up the air conditioner and put my face in front of them.

Nyx laughed, "you're feeling hot, huh?"

"Well, yeah. I could swim in my own pool of sweat in the closet," I shot a look at her.

"I couldn't make you hide under the bed," she bit her bottom lip. "They checked under there. You saw it yourself," she nagged.

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

After two hours on the road, she stopped in front of a 5-star hotel. I was in awe while observing the fancy surrounding. People went in and out with their luggage. Hotel chauffeurs were busy doing their job.

We got out and a chauffeur asked Nyx to park her car as she took out the bags from the backseats. She gave her the keys but she insisted on waiting for the chauffeur to come back.

"I don't trust any of them," she whispered. "Keep your guards up," she brushed her fingers against mine. We waited outside for a while until the chauffeur came and gave the keys to Nyx.

We lumbered inside and the air conditioner was a blessing. It brushed against my skin, moving my hair away from my face. Sounds of people chatting filled the lobby.

Nyx pulled me to the check-in line across the front door. Waiting in a long line, she held my hand while the other hand, she looked at her phone. Everyone appeared to be normal because there were many tourists there. In a few minutes, we finally checked in and got our room. We decided to share a room because I couldn't stay alone.

When we got into the elevator, a man staggered as he stepped inside. He held the wall to support him. Nyx pulled me closer to her and to be honest, I agreed with her. He reeked of alcohol; one thing I abhor in this world.

He glanced at me and a perverted smirk plastered on his face, "hey baby." He pulled my shirt, putting his hand on my back, "great body you got there. Want to share it with me?"

Nyx pulled me away from him and pulled up something from her pocket, gripping it in her grasp, then punching him right in his face. She knocked out a few of his rotten teeth and they fell on the floor with some blood on them.

"Ever learn how to respect women?" She hissed. She kicked him in his stomach, "this is a warning. If I see you lay your perverted finger on any woman here, I won't hesitate to end your life." She landed a few more punches until half of his face was almost destroyed.

She opened her palm, showing me a snack bar, "If you hold something while punching, your punch will be extra powerful, stronger, and cause more damage."

At that time, the elevator door opened and two men in suits gasped when they noticed the man with blood covering his face.

"What the hell happened here?" One of them asked and helped him.

"Hey!" Nyx called, pointing at him. "That perverted bastard started it first. I'm just finishing it." She pulled me away from them.

The other man stared at her like she was a threat. I shot him a death glare, making him look away.

The world is indeed scary, with people with different kinds of minds. Some are fine and some are just plain evil. I don't know how people see life but the way I see it is different.

When we arrived at our hotel room, I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching us from afar.