CHAPTER 48

Back at home, Zayne threw me in the basement. Then he came down with a flyer in his grasp. I had a bad feeling about that. He lifted it in front of my face so I could see it clearly; it was Nyx Parker. She went 'missing'. I stared at her face again and studied the poster.

I realized it was a bit different than the one I saw on the streets. The ones on the streets were professionally made by certain people. But the one Zayne showed me like it's a fake one. I couldn't be so sure about it though.

He snorted and stood up as he took out the bracelet that Nyx made for herself. The blue beads were stained with red blood. I couldn't believe it. She's dead.

"I used a saw to cut off her hands then this thing dropped. I couldn't get the blood off because I thought you want to see her blood," he smirked. "I'm just going to leave this here with the flyer of course so you can mourn." He left while laughing. That devil.

I couldn't control my tears at that time. I wailed as I stared at her face on the flyer. How dare he killed her. I couldn't imagine her screaming in her final moments. She saved me too many times but I failed to save her. Her laughing, smile, her cooking, her perfume, her warm embrace, and everything about her. I would miss them. More tears streamed down my face. I clenched my fists and I let out a high-pitched scream. What kind of friend I am? He would pay for this. I will make sure he pays.

With enough motivation, I twisted my own arms and wrists, wriggling out from the rope. It was painful but I didn't care. After twisting, and pulling, I might have sprained them at some point.

After a few tries, I managed to release my hands from the rope. I rubbed my wrists where the red marks were visible. Of course, I almost bled. I snatched the bracelet, holding it in my and hugging it.

Sorry, Nyx. It's all my fault. I promise to get my revenge on them for killing you. I promise. I kissed my hand holding her bracelet with my eyes closed. The flyer. I might need it later so I folded and put it inside my pocket. I wore the bracelet on my other hand.

Thank you for the bracelet, Nyx. Thank you for everything. You helped me a lot.

After that, Suzanne ran down the stairs. She walked to me and pulled me into a hug. Her grip got tighter when she realized I tried pushing myself away from her. She saw my hands weren't tied together but she ignored it.

"Let's go upstairs. Lindsay wants to see you," I followed her from behind. I glared at the back of her head, wondering if I could kill her with one stab on it. In the living room, Lindsay just like last night, disheveled and reeked of alcohol again. She smirked when she saw me with Suzanne.

"She cried because of what?" She patted the space next to her. Suzanne threw me into that spot and I glared at Lindsay who eyed me up and down.

Zayne leaned his back against the wall, "one friend of her died today."

"I see," she said as she stroked my hair. Her fingers were sticky and the strands of my hair stuck to them.

Christian came in, wrapping his arm around something. Like a rug but it smelled strange. Let me guess. A human skin rug this time?

He unrolled the rug and laid it flat in front of me. The back of a human made an oddly shaped rug, with lashes marks on it. I was right, but when I looked closer, my heart stopped beating for a second. A birthmark on the skin was Renee's.

I stared at it as I gritted my teeth until my jaw hurt. After that, he brought in large containers with blood dripping underneath, leaving a trail on the wooden floor. Suddenly, Lindsay held my waist and pulled me closer. She leaned forward until her greasy nose brushed against my cheeks.

Suzanne smiled, "you know that is your friend. Mark said she's a bit boring when she didn't scream anymore."

Mark. It must be that guy who sold Kate to Christian. He said he wanted to keep Renee the other day.

"Does it ever occur to him that she might be dead when he tortured her?" I raised my eyes and glared at Suzanne.

"Mark was having too much fun, sweetie. He won't notice."

Lindsay wanted to go to the toilet and she insisted me to show her the way. Christian let me walk around the house as long as my hands were tied together. So, Zayne brought the rope back and Lindsay snatched it from him.

With a grin, she pulled my hands together as she moved closer to me. She focused on tying my hands but she didn't tie them as tight as Christian did. She spent less time on the rope and more time rubbing her hands all over my arms while eyeing me up and down. Out of the blue, she licked my neck, causing me to flinch.

"You taste so sweet," she whispered. "Do you know how many times I thought of you last night? I didn't sleep," she pulled me up, asking me to show the way.

I limped as I led her the way then she wrapped her arm around my waist. My thigh was in pain whenever I moved it. I nearly fell until she pinned me against the wall with her left hand next to my head. Her face was too close to mine until our noses touched in a very unpleasant way.

"Looks like you got hurt. If they let me buy you, you'll be in a better condition," she traced her nails on my neck, collarbone, and chest. She landed a kiss on my neck causing my breath to hitch. Her dry lips scratched my skin.

"Do you like me, Lindsay?"

"Oh baby," she pulled my waist so it touched her. "You're pretty and smart," she brushed her sticky fingers against my cheeks. Disgusting.

I moved away, pushing the toilet door with my shoulder, "get inside now." I ordered with a smirk.

Her face beamed with excitement. I have a different plan, Lindsay. A very different plan than what you have in mind.