CHAPTER 72

That night, other gang leaders informed me that they succeeded in getting the members to wait in the underground city. Quinn told me the dragon leader and Dan were inside that building I went to after they hit me with the car. But in order to get inside, I had to fight the lackeys first in the warehouse nearby.

"Quinn, make sure the members are fine. I'm not losing any of them."

She pulled me into a hug, "You're a great leader. They will not get hurt. Impossible. A member will drive you there and the rest of us will go to the underground city."

"Wait," I tugged her shirt. "I have something to get at my old house. My dad said it in his letter."

Quinn nodded and called the member who would drive me there. I changed my clothes into a pair of tight black jeans and a white t-shirt, tucked in. I put on a pair of new black boots the members gave to me as a present. They said it helped a lot in a fight. I snatched a black jacket that fitted me perfectly.

After that, I went to dad's office. I knew he kept a few knives in there. I opened a closet, inside it was a shelf with knives. Each of them engraved in different words. I chose a really sharp one with a red and gray handle and put it inside my jacket. Thank goodness, the jacket was made to put a weapon inside. I still had that Swiss army knife with me. It made me feel Zayne was beside me. I had to admit, I missed him. Despite him being like that, he was my brother and I loved him after knowing the truth. Zayne, you're always be the best for me.

I sprinted toward the car after the members left. The member introduced himself as Chad while opening the door for me. I got in and the new car smell filled my nose. Finally, no rotten smell of anything.

I adjusted my position, "You know where I live, Chad?"

"Yes. Quinn told me about it. I'll take you there as you wish," he let the engine roar for a few seconds and drove away.

The ride was pretty long though. I let him listen to the radio while driving so he didn't fall asleep or something. I traced my fingers along my bracelet and chuckled. It brought me comfort more than I imagined. I imagined how Nyx spent her time making the bracelets. I missed her so much. After a few hours, Chad parked in the driveway.

As I got out, a wave of wrath washed over me. I would kill people who killed them. Clenching my fist, I stepped closer and tried to open the door. It got stuck so I kicked it down. My eye watered when I saw the three of them, mom, dad and Zayne on the couch while chatting. Damn it, just stop hallucinating and get down to business.

Chad waited outside while I went in. I expected it to smell like decayed bodies but it didn't. The members must have cleaned everything when they heard about the news. I dashed upstairs and straight to my parent's bedroom. He told me to look under the bed.

As I went in, I switched on the lights and the red bedsheet greeted me first. I decided to close the bathroom door because the dried blood reminded me of my dad. Still remembered how he looked like after his death. I took a few deep breaths and ducked down, lifting the sheet and dragging out a box.

It was covered in dust so I wiped it with my hand while holding my breath. I didn't want to sneeze because it was uncomfortable for me. My fingers trembled as I lifted the lid. There was a sweater inside it with my name on it; Hope Edith Anderson. I never knew my middle name was Edith. I liked it. Underneath it, was a note.

'Your mother made this for you when she was pregnant of you. She doesn't know if it fits. She found it in the back of the closet and I told her to put it inside this box in case you come back to us. She misses you so much. I hope you and Maya come back.'

My tears dropped on my hand and on the note, making the ink bleed. My breath hitched as I sobbed. I put everything back in the box and brought it close to my chest, hugging it.

My shoulder tightened and my breathing got faster while I clenched my fists. I stood up, gritting my teeth and ran straight to the car. Chad's eyes went wide when he saw me with tears.

"Boss," he grabbed me. "What happened?"

"Dust in my eyes," I pulled him into the car. "Get me to the leader. I have something to give him."

His death.