58

Avery POV
A Few Weeks Later

"Marshall!" I called out, "yeah, baby?" he said as he followed my voice, finding me in the bedroom closet. "Do you know what color you're gonna wear today?" I asked as I sighed and shuffled through my clothes again. 

He shrugged, "I'll wear, whatever you want me to wear" he said as he pulled me into him, "but none of that matters at the end of the day" he said as he pressed a kiss to my temple. "You know what does matter?" he asked as my body melted into his. 

"A healthy baby, with ten little fingers" he said as his lips lingered, "and ten little toes" he said before pressing his lips to my skin, sloppily leaving kisses as his hands grazed my bump. I nodded knowing he was right, "I love you" I said softly before the doorbell rang. "I love you, finish getting ready" he said as he kissed me again before going to answer the door. 

Minutes passed as I continuously looked at myself in the mirror, not overly thrilled with how any of the outfits were clinging to my body. I sighed, destroying the closet as I ripped everything off its hangers. "Avery!" Hai said as she called out, walking into the closet, seeing me sitting in a pile of clothes, "w- what's going on?" she asked as she quickly furrowed her eyebrows. 

"I uh, I can't find anything to wear" I said in between sniffles, as a couple of more tears fell. Hai shook her head, "none of that today, okay?" she said softly, "so what if something is a little tight right now, they're just clothes, they can be replaced" she said as she wiped the wetness from my cheeks. 

"You are growing a baby in there" she said as she rubbed my bump, "a baby that you and dad have waited so long for" she said softly, as she tucked some loose hair behind my ear. "I promise you everything will be okay, we will find you something to wear. Okay?" she said as I nodded. 

-- 

As I walked out of the bedroom, Marshall and I quickly made eye contact before he excused himself from the conversation he was in. "You okay?" he asked as he ran his hand across my lower back. I nodded, letting out a small smile, "yes, I was just feeling a little overwhelmed" I said as he intently watched me. 

"You see the cupcakes in that box?" he asked as he pointed across the kitchen. I nodded, "the girls told me not to touch them" he said as I let out a laugh. "They have the gender color in them, you wanna sneak a look at one?" he asked as I shook my head. "We shouldn't, we're gonna do the confetti shooter soon"

"You don't want to have just an intimate moment of finding out, just between us?" he asked as I chewed at my lip before quickly giving in. "Okay, okay" I said as he grabbed a cupcake and took my hand in his as we ran to his office, locking the door behind us. 

"Quick, break it open" I said eager to see what was inside. Marshall let out a small laugh as I took a deep breath as he tore it apart. There was a small silence between us, "the icing, its pink" I said softly as tears started to well up in my eyes. 

"We're gonna have a daughter" Marshall said as his voice cracked. 

--

"Guys!" Laney called out startling us, "you ready for the confetti cannon?" she asked as we heard the back door open and close. I took a deep breath trying to compose myself as Marshall pulled me into him, as he wiped the wetness from my cheeks. 

"Everyone is waiting for us" he said as he pressed a kiss to my forehead, before taking my hand in his, bringing me to the backyard where everyone was. "You guys ready?" Denaun asked excitedly as he grabbed onto Marshall's shoulders, as he nodded. 

"Here dad" Hai said handing us the cannons, "whenever you guys are ready, just let them go, and we'll take the pictures"

"Okay, you guys ready?" Marshall asked.

"1, 2, 3"

--