57

Marshall POV
Late September 

"How's Avery been feeling, man?" Denaun asked as I continued to fumbled with the sound board. I sighed, "okay, the nausea is finally lessening" I said, "I can't believe she's already in her second trimester" 

Royce furrowed his eyebrows, "already?" he asked as pursed my lips and nodded, "and her bump is starting to show, I can barely keep my hands off her man" I said as Denaun shook his head, "cause she's carrying your child"

"You and Kim wasn't like that, I mean I know shit was rough but still" Royce asked curiously as I sat back, fumbling with the diet coke can, "I'm sure there were good moments, in the midst of everything" I said as I shrugged. 

"But this situation, and that one are completely night and day" I said as the guys nodded, "Kim and I were barely supporting ourselves and then we added Hai into it, you know" 

"That relationship was beyond toxic, the on and off again shit and the screaming matches" I said as I shook my head. "And anyone who knows me, knows I love my daughters" I said as the guys agreed in unison. 

"Nothing will change that, I just want to be able to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy with Avery because I didn't get to do that before" I said softly, "I don't have to work dead end jobs or try to scrape up money for diapers anymore" 

Royce grabbed me by the shoulder, "your girls excited about the baby?" he asked as I nodded, and started to fumble with the sound board again. "That baby is all they talk about" I said as I let let out a laugh. 

"Is everyone voting boy or girl?" Denaun asked as he crossed his arms. I shook my head, "I know everyone's expecting me to say, I want a boy" I said as I sat back, crossing my arms.  

--

Avery POV

"Its crazy to me how your bump just popped out over night" Hai said as we walked up and down the isles of Walmart. "It didn't feel like over night, but yeah" I said as I ran my hand across it. 

"But, its so cute though" Lane said as she poked her lip out, running her hand across my belly as she casually dumped an arm load of stuff into the cart. "Are we here for something specific?" Hai asked as I shook my head. "The only thing I wanted to look at is the garden section, see if there's anything I like so your dad could plant it for me" I said, "and fruit roll ups" 

Lane and Hai both let out a laugh, "Avery, do you know if you and dad are gonna find out the gender?" Lane asked as we walked past the baby section. I shrugged, "I don't know, maybe?" I said as both of them trailed off into the baby girls section. 

"Come on, I cannot wait nine months to buy bows" Lane said as I chewed at my lip, "your assuming its a girl, what if its a boy?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows. "I think the internet would break if dad had a son" Hai said as I shook my head. I rolled my eyes as I started walking, "I'm going to go look at the flowers" I said as the girls followed behind me. 

There was constant talk about the baby, gender reveals and when we were going to announce it on our social media, but I was in my own little world. "Avery, smile for me" Lane said as she caught my attention, snapping a few pics. 

-- 

"I know just as much as you do" I said "any further information, ask your dad" I said as I chewed on my fruit roll up. "What are we asking dad?" Marshall asked as he walked into the kitchen, running his hand across my bump. 

The girls didn't know which question to ask first, and just started rambling. "I'm sorry I asked" he said as he shook his head, before pressing a kiss to my forehead. "You okay?" he asked as I nodded. 

"Both their questions were valid questions, they were just things we hadn't discuss yet" I said as I shrugged. "Okay, let's discuss them" he said as he grabbed one of my fruit roll ups, as I poked my lip out, trying to get it back. 

"Finding out the baby's gender, do you guys want a gender reveal?" Hai asked as Marshall and I looked at each other. "I don't think you can wait until the actual birth to know what the baby is" he said as he let out a chuckle, "a nursery has to be fixed up, and everyone is wanting to buy something" 

"As far as a gender reveal, I want it to be real small" I said, "host it right here in the backyard" I said as Hai nodded. "Next question" Marshall said, as he tried to steal the other half of my fruit roll up. 

"I was just curious when you guys were gonna post it on your social media?" Lane asked as she shrugged. "Their gonna wait till the baby's actually here and then post" Hai said as I pursed my lips, "it worked for the engagement, didn't it?"

"The picture I took of you before, is really cute" Lane said as my phone vibrated. I glanced over the picture again and again, "you let her go into the garden section?" Marshall asked as he rolled his eyes. "How many plants did you buy?" he asked, as he playfully kissed my skin. 

--