54

Avery POV
Two Weeks Later - June 12, 2021

"Marsh, can we move to Greece?" I asked as I grabbed a hold of Marshall's arm as we walked the streets of Santorini. He let out a small scoff, "you lived out your Donna fantasy, you've ran around Greece aimlessly for two weeks" he said softly. 

"But its time to go back home, to Detroit" he said as he pulled me into him, tucking some loose hair behind my ear. 

--

-- 

June 14 - Back home, in Michigan

"Avery?" Marshall called out as he walked into the bedroom, sitting on the side of the bed. I sighed rolling over barely opening my eyes, "baby, you feeling alright?" he asked as he pulled the blankets back as I shrugged, trying to close my eyes again. 

"I think its just jet lag, I feel like I can't catch up on my sleep" I said as I grabbed my phone off the nightstand checking the time, furrowing my eyebrows, "its already lunchtime?" I asked confused as Marshall nodded. 

"You weren't answering any of my calls or texts, so I came to check on you" he said as I sat up and groaned, "if you don't feel good, I can stay here. I don't have to go back to the studio" he said as he tucked some loose hair behind my ear. I shook my head, "no, no I'm okay" I said as Marshall watched me intently. 

"You promise you'll call me if you need me?" he asked softly, "or Paul, or Denaun"

I let out a scoff as I shook my head, "Aver-" he said as I interrupted him. "Okay, I promise" I said as he chewed at his lip, anxiously. "I love you, I'll be back later" he said as he kissed me softly, before walking out of the bedroom. As I heard the front door close I sat back against the headboard, putting my head back trying to make the nausea go away. But I couldn't help myself, I could feel the acid come up my throat as I rushed to the bathroom hunching over the toilet.

"What the fu-" I said to myself as I leaned on the bathroom counter closing my eyes, trying to catch my breath from all the dry heaving as I felt some relief from the nausea. "Av?" I heard Hai's voice echo through the house, and her footsteps down the hallway. My anxiety heightened, meeting Hai in the bedroom, "hey" I said softly as I climbed back in bed.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "you okay?" she asked as she got in bed next to me. I cleared my throat and nodded, "the jet lag, is just killing me" I said as I pushed down the next round of vomit. Whatever Hai was saying was drowned out as my body started to feeling uneasy and queasy again. 

I quickly ran to the bathroom as I hunched over the toilet emptying my stomach as Hai followed, pulling back my hair. "Do you want me to call dad?" she asked concerned. I shook my head as I sat back out of breath, grabbing a piece of toilet paper to wipe my mouth. I was now out of breath and exhausted, as I walked back to the bed as Hai came back with some water. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to call dad?" she asked cautiously as I nodded, sipping the water slowly. "I'm fine Hai, trust me"