23

Marshall POV
May 1, 2020

"Take a deep breath" Dre said on the other end of the line. "I can feel the anxiety, man" I said as I pulled into the parking lot of headquarters, "what if he says no because I'm to, old?" I asked as I ran my hand over my face. Dre let out a chuckle, "could be a possibility" he said as I chewed at my lip before I went silent. 

"I'm just fucking with you Marsh, you got this man" he said as I tried to swallow the lump in my throat, "just speak from the heart, because he knows you love Avery" Dre said before he hung up as I got on the elevator. 

I closed my eyes saying a quick prayer before I knocked on his office door, that was semi cracked, as I felt the acid rising in my throat. "Come in" he said as he continued to look down at his computer. I cleared my throat, "Mr. Jones" I said as I closed the door behind me, "Mr. Mathers, surprise seeing you here" he said as he looked up, letting out a small smile. 

"Can I get you a drink?" he asked as he offered me a seat. I shook my head, "no sir, I actually wanted to talk to you about something" I said as he raised an eyebrow. "What would you like to talk about?"

 "Avery" I said softly. "And how I love her" I said as I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head as I was stumbling over my own words. Her dad sat back in his chair and crossed his arms as I let out a small laugh, "and this is why I want to marry your daughter" I blurted out. 

"I was a very sure man before I met your daughter, hell, I knew every word I wanted to say before I came in here but even the thought of your daughter makes me so ridiculously tongue tied" I said, "And yes, I may have the shittiest past and the world may think they know everything about me but taking a chance and falling in love with your daughter was the scariest yet easiest decision I have ever made" 

"And almost loosing her in that accident, physically pained me" I said as clutched at my chest before there was a small silence, "so after she got home, I went and bought a ring" I said as I pulled the box from my pocket as my hands started to shake. 

Her father paused for a second, overlooking the ring before he let out a sigh, "Mr. Mathers" he said before he corrected himself, "Marshall, welcome to the family son"

--

Avery POV

"Sam, you ready to take a picture?" I asked excited as she sighed, "I'm only doing this until you're better" she said as she shook her head. "Smile pretty for me mama, we got a line to launch" I said as I imitated her, continuously snapping pictures. 

-

"Look, I'm no photographer but I think they came out good" I said as I swiped through the pictures, "I'm gonna post one to insta" I said as I grabbed my phone. "Avery" Sam whined out as I furrowed my eyebrows, "what if people don't like the picture, or say mean stuff on there?" she asked nervously. "If people say mean stuff, Mark and Marshall will go beat them up" I said as I nudged her.

 "But fucking, look at you. There is no reason to be self conscious" I said poking her, "but i promise you, if there if something that upsets you, and you want me to take it down then I will" I said as I pulled her into a tight hug. 

--

--

"Avery" Sam said softly. "Hm" I said continuing to type on my computer. 

"You're happy and content with Marshall, aren't you?" Sam asked as i tried to hide the small smile. I nodded, "he's everything I've wanted in someone for a long time, sometimes I can't even comprehend that this is all real" I said as I let out a small scoff. 

"Marshall is really a gentle and shy person who wears his heart on his sleeve, his music or his past doesn't define who he is right now" I said as I shook my head. Sam nodded, "I know, I witnessed it" she said softly. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Marshall never left that hospital once, fought sleep and eating and everything else to be next to you" she said, "I watched that man be distraught and physically pained for three days, so I know he is in love with you and will go extreme lengths for you"