19. drawn by the name, i stand in chaos

Start from the beginning

"Can we please just drive?" Max says with a shaky voice, as Steve quickly drives. Clemency could not say a word at that moment, seeing her at the back of the trailer scared Clemency. Remembering the same thing that she had witnessed happened to Chrissy, blankly staring and could not hear a thing, as she is lost in thought, looking out of the car, worried, scared, and anxious. All she wanted is for Max to not suffer the same fate, but she thought to herself, how in the hell would they even get Max off of that damned curse.

‧₊˚

The group's next destination is the Roane Hill Cemetery. As Steve stopped the car, Max immediately got off, the rest looked at her, Clemency readied herself to get off of the car to follow the girl, but Lucas suddenly grabbed her wrist, stopping her, and made her look at the boy in confusion. The boy sighed, and went out of the car himself, following Max while he called out for her. Steve looked over Clemency's worried face, and sighed.

Max looked back with a grimace in her face as Lucas approached her, and stopped in her tracks. "Lucas, please, just wait in the car." Max says, and keeps walking, but Lucas wont budge.

"Max, just wait. Max, please." Lucas tried convincing the girl, as the girl looked back at her. "Lucas, just wait-" Max says, but Lucas interrupts her. "Just listen to me. Just, please." Making the girl stop, and keeping her eyes on the boy, as he looked back at her, in desperation and concern.

"I know something happened there with your mother.... Was it Vecna?" Lucas says as he reads Max's expression, as she grows agitated, and gives the boy a false smile, but with her easily read, worried eyes. "I told you, I'm fine... Okay."

Lucas kept a worried look at the girl, keeping his eyes on her. "I mean, as fine as someone who's hurtling towards a gruesome death can be." Max says, but the worrying, heavy feeling she is currently feeling, slowly drops her happy facade. "Max... you know you can talk to me. Right?" Lucas reassured, keeping his stern look.

"Yeah, I know that-" Max says, as she gave her the same smile. "Okay, why do you keep pushing me away? Okay, look. I don't need a letter. I don't want a letter. Just talk to me. To your friends." Lucas heartfelt, and sincerely says, Max kept her eyes at him, and looked over the rest of their friends.

"We're right here... I'm right here. Okay? I'm here." Lucas added, as he looked at the girl with desperation. Max paused, and kept her eyes on the boy and sighed. "Wait in the car. This won't be long." Max says, as she quickly walked her way to the cemetery, as Lucas kept his eyes on her as she went.

Walking back to the car, and catching the rest of the teens, as he went and leaned his back in Steve's car, Clemency got off the car, and closed the door, approaching Lucas, as he turned his head looking over to the older girl. "So?" She softly asked the boy, he let out a heavy sigh and looked at Max, sitting in front of Billy's grave. "Let's give her time." Lucas quietly replied, as Clemency nodded in response.

‧₊˚

Max just sat there, as the group stayed and waited. Steve sat in front of the wheel, Dustin stood by the car door, while Clemency and Lucas leaned outside of the driver's seat.

Clemency fidgeted, getting Lucas' attention, as he looked over the worried girl, as she shook her left leg. Clemency is feeling a sinking feeling. "You okay?" Lucas softly asked her, in which she did not answer, as she stared blankly on the ground. She did not know if they had given Max enough time already, or if it was way too much time, as she sighed out and went her way to approach the girl, the others looking at her. "Clem?" Dustin called out.

"Clem? What are you doing?" Lucas says, as Clemency proceeded to go her way to the girl. "Just trust me on this." She responded, keeping her eyes on Max.