17

ADA'S APARTMENT

New York, NY

(2 Months Later)

It's finally the end of the semester and I decided to transfer schools.

After much deliberation with Zola and Mariama. They both told me I should go for it. They both support me and think it's the best decision for me and my career.

I grabbed my suitcases out of my now empty apartment, and I took them down to James's car. He gets out of his car and takes my bags to put them in the trunk. I thank him, give him a kiss then joined him inside the car.   

We make it to the airport, get through TSA then we sat by our gate.

"You want something?" James asks.

"Yea, can we get Starbucks?" I ask with pleading eyes.

"You can but I'm getting subway, I'll be back" He laughs then kisses my cheek and walks away.

Did I forget to mention that we made it official? Oh well we did, and I couldn't be happier. He's the best boyfriend I ever had, and his little friend is a monster. Biggest monster I've ever seen.

Shaking myself from my thoughts I pulled out my ringing phone. My mothers picture shows up. I contemplated answering it and I ultimately decided to.

"Hello?" I question.

"When were you going to tell me you're leaving for France?"

"I didn't think you'd care" I say lowly.

"Of course I care, my daughter is going to be across the world."

"It's not that far, if you want to visit, you can."

"Thats not the point, I had to learn from your dance teacher that you dropped out and are moving to France with her son."

"What" I ask, a little confused.

"Your teacher told me you're moving in with her son like a whore."

"A whore?" I question, slightly raising my voice.

"You know what mom? I thought you really cared but you don't so just leave me alone and don't call me anymore" And with that I hung up the phone.

Just as I'm putting my mom into my pocket, James walks over with our food but a sour look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"My mom just called me, and she had some choice words to say" He says sadly sitting down next to me and handing me my food.

"Mine too" I say, surprised at the revelation.
"Wait really?" He asks.

"Yea, she said your mom called her and told her I was moving."

"Yea she told me she did."

"FIRST CLASS PASSENGERS TO FRANCE AT 1:10, YOU MAY NOW BOARD YOUR FLIGHT" We both get up and grab our things to board the plane.

We give them our tickets, then we got on.

We put our bags in the overhead compartment and sat down in our seats. We start eating our food and once we were done the plane started to take off.