4

THE SCHOLL OF JUILLIARD 

New York, NY

It's after practice and I decided to stay late and work on my technique.

If I wanted Ms. Ambrosia's attention, I would have to work hard and make her see that I truly wanted this.

I had to be Juillet. 

"Your foots sickled on that last turn." 

"Oh my god, what is wrong with you! You can't sneak up on people like that" I spin around in Suprise.

"My apologies" He raises his hands in surrender.  

"You are very good, more so amazing" He leans up from his position on the doorway and walks up to me.

"Your mother doesn't seem to think so" I say, walking over and turning off the music.

"I already told you about her, I can't do anything right in her eyes. Even though I go to one of the top dance schools in the world, it doesn't matter." He replies lowly.

"I get it" Thinking about my own family situation.

"Wanna get a bite to eat?"

"No " I say.

"One reason why" He asks.

"Because I don't want to" 

"You're not hungry?"

If God didn't listen to anything I said or did, he listened in this moment when he made my stomach grumble. 

James laughed "So you are hungry" He says as more of a statement then a question.

"Fine" I groaned. I really was hungry.  

We walked out to her rental car and he opened the door for me and I slid in.

He jogged around to the other side and got in before turning on some music.

"Sean Paul? Really?" I say, looking over at him.

"Its Sean Paul, I love him" He says, glancing at me, shrugging.

"Alright. I guess" I chuckled.

"You have a pretty laugh."

"Stop" I point a him.

"Pointing is rude" He says, pushing my finger down.

"So how old are you" he ask

"17"

He immediately slams on his breaks and looks at me with wide eyes.

"WHAT!"

I start cracking up laughing.

"No, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm 19" I say still laughing.

"Dude don't do that, I will not catch a case" He shakes his head, driving again.

"Well how old are you."

"20"

"Cool" I whisper as we pull into a burger joint.

"Bobs?" I question, looking at him.

"Are you going to judge everything I do?" He asked, turning to look at me.

"Sorry, sorry" I raise my hands as I got out of the car.

He stares blankly at me "What" I ask.

"Don't touch the door anymore" and I laugh "Alright."

We walk into Bobs and sit at a table.

"So, what's your story 'little miss perfect', coming early, staying late?" He asked, sipping the milkshake he ordered.

"Maybe I don't like chit chat, I should go" I say as I get up.

"Wait, do you think I'm criticizing you?" He asks while pulling me back down to my seat.

"Aren't you?"

"Sometimes when you dance it's like you're dying to cut loose but just before you do, you chicken out."

"You don't know anything about me" I say, sipping my water.

"I know you're ambitious, passionate, and I'm willing to bet you've got bigger dreams. You won't stop until the whole world is throwing flowers at your bloody little feet." He says raising his eyebrows.

"You sure it's me you're talking about?" I smirk.

"Maybe that's why I know you, because were the same."

"We aren't."

"Whatever you say, Ada."