5

Ada's Apartment

New York, NY

After we eat James drove me home and walked me up to my apartment.

"I had a good time today" He says.

"Yea same" I replied looking around.

"Thanks" I say.

He nodded and I walked into my apartment, closing the door.

My phone buzzes and I pulled it out of my pocket, it's a text from James. Shit, I forgot I gave him my number.

563-849-9482- What goodbye kiss?

Me- You wish

🙄- That I do😏

I put my phone on the countertop and dropped my bag on the floor. I begin slipping out of my clothes, throwing them into my dirty clothes hamper and getting in the shower.

I took my hair out of the bun and scratched my scalp. I swear it feels like I just had an orgasm.

After my shower I got into some comfy clothes and laid down on my queen size bed.

My phone starts to ring from the kitchen, and I got up, running to get it.

"Hey little sister" I hear in the other side of the phone once I answer it.

"Hey, I was starting to fear you forgot you had a little sister. How's school" I asked.

My older brother Kofi goes to Georgetown on a basketball scholarship and has the utmost support from our dear parents, more specifically, our mother.

He chuckles "It's great, basketball's good."

"Yea, I've seen" I say, walking back to my room.

"Hold on Ada, I'll call you back. Love you" He hangs up before letting me respond.

I decided to call my older sister Zola, who lives back in California with her husband and two kids. It's hard to stay in contact because she always so busy with her family but we manage. She's not so disliked by my mother but isn't the most liked either.

"Sista Sista" She yells through the phone making me laugh.

"Zola, I miss you" I said in Fulani, in a whiny voice.

"I miss you too bub, you have to come visit soon."

"I promise once I'm settled in this year I will."

"Good, good, now off of that. Any boys in your life?" She giggles.

I rolled my eyes.

"No Zola" I say.

"Of course there isn't. Don't know what I was expecting" She mumbles.

"AH" I suck my teeth.

"But did I lie?" She responds in Fulani.

I rolled my eyes again but mumbled a faint "No."

"Thank you" I rolled my eyes for a third time.

"Keep rolling them, they'll get stuck."

"ANYWAYS. How's Issa and Adama?" Asking about my nieces.

"They're good. They miss you" She pouts.

"I miss them moreee" I squeal and the two appear in front of the camera.

The four of us talked until it was time for me to go to sleep.