The Dress

~8 years ago~

Blair was in her dorm room, nervously playing with her hair yet again while her best friend went through everything that she could think of to calm her down.

"Ok your purse now has headache pills, condoms, breath mints, wallet, keys, phone, what else," asked Lara thoughtfully, and finally she smacked her forehead. "You don't have a backup lip gloss," she decided and dove back into their shared vanity to find one.

On Lara's bed, Ginny looked up from her book and rolled her eyes before she glanced over to where Paige was finishing putting some curls into Blair's hair, and batting at her sisters' hands as she tried to play with her hair yet again.

"Blair, it's not like you and Yoongi haven't spent time together, or had dates together before," Ginny chided, and Paige sighed at her big sisters.

Both of them. 

Choosing the lesser of the two evils, she batted at Blair's hand as her sister tried to nervously unravel yet another curl before she looked at Ginny.

"Eonni, you know this is their anniversary date.  Yoongi who barely admits any feelings whatsoever asked Blair to go out on a date with him, instead of just 'hanging out' like always. That's a huge change for them both," she explained, and Ginny nodded but frowned and turned back to her book.

Paige shook her head as well and turned her attention back to the curling iron and counting off the seconds she was holding the barrel in place.

"Sis, you gotta calm down," she whispered yet again and Blair sighed and nodded, clutching her hands in her lap. 

As Paige finished with her hair, Blair stood up to put her dress on.  She'd found this dress while out shopping with Lara a while ago and had fallen in love with the design as soon as she'd seen it.

A slim column of black, with a mandarin collar and the short sleeves made it look like a cheongsam, or qipao, style dress. But the design on the dress definitely wasn't Chinese, it was a Japanese dragon. 

The head of the dragon laid over her heart on the front, and his tail wound all the way down her back in brilliant blue and gold threads, before curling at the top of her hip.  Blair was thrilled with the design, as the blue and gold of the dragon set off her hair perfectly.  She didn't know much about oriental mythology, but she had to hope that it was a luck dragon. Maybe she could convince Yoongi of that too.

Finally, Lara finished with her clutch, and Paige gave one more giant cloud of hairspray that had all four girls coughing before they declared her ready. 

"Yoongi's waiting outside," Blair whispered as she checked her phone.  She froze a little before Lara reached over and gave her a hug.

"You're going to knock his slippers off," she whispered and made Blair laugh.  Her Yoongi did like his comfy clothes and shoes, Blair wasn't certain what was going to happen tonight. But he'd told her to "dress up" so she did.  She wondered for a moment if he thought that meant that he wouldn't get to wear a beanie instead of just doing something with his hair and relaxed another fraction as the idea made her smile.

"There, just like that. You go see him now while you're calm enough to smile like that and we'll talk to you in the morning," she said and together the three of them nudged Blair out into the hallway and sent her off on her date.

When Blair emerged from the dorm hall, she heard a whistle and glanced off to her right.  She saw a dark shape leaning against the tree that stood outside her dorm, the normal spot for Yoongi to wait for her, but as she assessed the shape, she wasn't sure who that was.