Chapter 10: Lace Dress

Start from the beginning

She comes and picks us up from the hospital and takes us to the house.

“Delilah we need to talk about a few things.” Michele says.

“Okay!”

We go over to the living room and sit on the couch.

“How are you coping?” she asks.

“Eh, I could do better.”

“Well, since your dad was a marine, they contacted me and said that they are holding a funeral for your parents in La Vernia. They are going to have it in 3 days.”

“Okay.” I whispered.

“Also, we need to talk about your parents Will.”

Their Will?!

“Okay…”

“It seems like they have amended it just a tad. They had gone to their lawyer’s office just last week and told him that if something ever happened to them, you would always be taken care of.”

“What do you mean?” I ask, confused.

“Delilah, they have left you to me as your legal guardian.”

“Really?” I ask. This means that I am practically her very own daughter. I get to live with her and Austin until I turn 18.

“Yes!” she says with a smile.

Austin hugs me and I smile. My parents made a good choice.

***2 days later***

We have been in La Vernia for 2 days. It feels so good being able to see all my friends again. Emmy. Oh god have I missed her!

I’m staying over at her house while Michele and Austin stay at Alex’s. Michele and Alex’s mom are friends so it works out.

Tomorrow is the day I will bury both of my parents 6 feet under. How do I feel? Like someone just ripped out my heart while continuously stabbing me over and over again. Never ending pain.

Emmy and I went to North Star mall to get an outfit for tomorrow’s funeral.

We went to Forever 21 and Deb.

Emmy found an outfit that looked really cute but nothing really caught my eye. I mean, c’mon. I was looking for clothes for my parents’ funeral. I’m not all that jolly.

“Lilah, you have got to wear something! You can’t just wear sweats for the rest of your life.”

“Why can’t I?”

“Because you are strong!” she says.

“Okay thanks but I still don’t…”

“Oh my god!!” I hear someone yell.

I turn around and see a tall, skinny blonde running over to Emmy and I. she stops right in front of us.

“Are you Delilah Jane?!” she says with a huge smile.

“Yeah...”

“Can I please take a picture with you?”

“Um, sure!” I say.

I take a quick pic with the girl and she thanks me.

“Is Austin here too?” Ahh a mahomie.

“No, sorry!”

“Oh.” She says, disappointed. “Well can you tell him to follow me?”

“Sure!” she gives me her twitter name.