022

october 13th, 9:45 pm

"YOUR girlfriend?" julie asked, peaking from behind matt's shoulder and looking at the pair. "no wonder there's lipgloss stains on his shirt."

anais tugged mike's arm gently and pulled him towards her. "easy." she whispered, "you know i adore you but you can't take matt in a fight."

"i don't care." mike said, looking over at her. "i'm not gonna sit around like last time and watch you get disrespected, i will fight him and i will win."

anais felt a smile pull at her face. "you'd do that, for me?"

"i'd do anything for you."

before she could revel in the cute moment, of course julie and matt were there to ruin it.

"i just don't know why you can't see that you're nothing with me."

"matthew you haven't been in my life for years and i'm doing just fine for myself. i'm sorry your music career didn't take off the way you wanted it to but you have absolutely no right to talk shit about mine." anais tugged on mike's arm at the end of the sentence, pulling him back into the resturant.

"my house tonight?" she muttered, pressing a kiss to his nose. "i miss you."

mike leaned forward and kissed her nose back. "i kiss you too. i'll be there."

•••

as soon as anais and mike reached back home she  hopped into the shower quickly with one thing still on her mind.

"get your fucking hands off my girlfriend."

those seven words echoed in her head as she scrubbed her skin down with soap. did he really mean what he said? that she was his girlfriend?

anais had only ever been regarded as a girlfriend by one other person, max mayfield. and even then it wasn't really official and didn't last as long as either girls wanted to do to slight implications.

bex never noted her as his girlfriend either. she was just some girl to him. just someone he kissed a few times and fucked on some occasions when he was horny.

as she stepped out of the shower and changed quickly, she found mike downstairs on the couch with a remote in his hand as he flipped through channels. she rolled her eyes at the ticking of the clock above the tv that was on again off again. it always showed her the wrong time, maybe because it was still on UTC timing.

"i thought we could watch a movie or something."

she nodded and smiled. "sounds good. karate kid?"

"why? so you can drool over daniel? absolutely not." mike half joked.

"why do you care who i drool over. it's not like i'm your girlfriend." as anais walked around the couch she bumped into the table, causing mike's overnight bag to fall over and stuff to spill from it.

"shit, i'm sorry." she muttered. she crouched down, scooping everything back into the bag but stopping when she saw a note from someone named "El."

suddenly steve's voice was in her head. "mike has a girlfriend."

"grease is on," mike called from the couch. "i know how much you love it."

"mhm." anais called from behind the couch. she the letter was already opened and she could see a piece of loose leaf with handwriting on it poking through the tan envelope. she stood up and glanced at mike who had his eyes fixated on the cartoon beginning of grease.

"uh i'm gonna get some snacks. you want anything?" she asked, shoving the note into the pocket of her gray shorts and moving into the kitchen.

"i'll take a coke."