010

wednesday

THE next morning anais didn't bother getting out of bed. she hadn't used that ability in years so using it to fight whatever the fuck that thing was had taken a greater toll on her body than she had ever expected. there were aches and nausea, spins of dizziness like she was going to throw up. the feeling was similar to that of greening out.

around 2pm she decided it was time to shower and at least attempt to stretch her aching limbs. dressed in black shorts and one of marshal's hoodies, anais slipped on fuzzy socks and walked downstairs. she pressed play on the black stereo and began to do stretch her arms. 15 minutes into this the doorbell rung.

anais opened the door only to be slightly taken aback when she saw mike standing there with a silver canteen.

"what are you doing here?" she asked, shifting from one foot to the other and squinting at the sunlight that the open door let in.

"you weren't answering your phone." mike said. he pushed past her into the house, inviting himself in to which she rolled her eyes at.

"where are the bowls?" he asked, kicing off his shoes and strutting into her kitchen.

"mike- why are you in my house? why are you in my kitchen?" she asked exhausted. she pressed a hand to her forehead and leaned against the wall from the pounding feeling on her brain. mike noticed and set the canteen down, rushing over to her.

she made a face as he felt her cheek. he was cupping her face.

"ana you're burning up!" he spoke, voice and eyes full of worry. "come, sit down." he pulled her arm and gently pushed her into a dining room chair.

anais watched as the lanky boy raided her kitchen cabinet for a plastic bowl. he screwed open the canteen and poured in some liquid before heating it up in the microwave.

"why weren't you at school?" mike asked against, leaning against the sink with arms crossed.

anais' face teased a smirk. "why? you miss me?"

"ana i'm serious."

she pouted before shrugging. "nothing, i just wasn't feeling well."

"all of a sudden?" he questioned, obviously looking like he didn't believe her.

anais nodded. "yup. it came on fast."

the microwave beeped and he turned, bringing it out and grabbing a spoon before setting it in front of her.

"mom made you chicken soup."

anais looked at the soup before smiling. "tell karen i said thanks, but i'm not really hungry though.." she pushed it away.

mike gave her a look. "have you eaten today?"

she gave the same look back. "what's it to you?"

"why can't you ever just answer a question?"

"why can't you ever just stop asking them?"

he sighed deeply. "you at least need to drink some water.." he went back to the cabinet, opening it again and shuffling through. he felt something cylinder. before he could pick it up completely it slipped out his hand, bouncing off the counter before dropping to the floor and spilling everywhere.

"michael!" anais yelled, scampering from her chair and beginning to pick up the circular green tablets.

mike crouched down next to her, grabbing the bottle that was rolling towards him.

"..amitriptyline.. what's that?"

anais had never snatched something so fast. "none of your damn business." she scoffed, placing the pills back into the bottle and closing the cap. "you should go now. lock the door on your way out."