011

9:24 pm

THAT night when anais got home she threw herself straight into work, both on songs and homework. bad enough she had a biology lab due tomorrow that she hadn't even started, worse was that mike of all people was her partner.

she chewed on the top of a pencil looking at the blank sheet music waiting to be filled with notes, so far there were only empty bars that she had to fill with the notes of the song. she sat on the queen sized bed and pulled the black guitar she had on to her lap. she hummed the song and began playing the chords, stoping when she had the first few notes. anais had perfect pitch, so if she heard a note she knew immediately what it was. but the thing is, the guys usually slowly played the songs and then she transcribed them sheet music. it was a little difficult now that it was a one person practice.

so far the chords for the chorus were,

Gb, Db, Ab
Gb, Db, Ab
Gb, Db, Ab
Gb, Db, Ab
Gb, Db, Ab

anais took a deep breath before playing the ending of the first verse, the part just before the chorus which was the only define sort she had written.

"cause i've gotten tired of the games that you played; when you tell me you love me then you throw me away, so cry me a river till you drown in the lake, cause you make think you're winning but-"

the phone ringing made her groan loudly. "i was in the verge of a serious breakthrough.." anais sighed, moving the guitar off her body and grabbing the phone.

"hello?"

"ana.."

her heart froze when she recognized the voice. "bex?"

"ana, babe." his voice was groggy and slurred over the phone, which meant one thing, he was drunk.

she rolled her eyes and pressed her hand into a fist, trying to keep composure.

"bex what do you want?"

"it didn't mean anything ana!" he shouted making her cringe and pull the phone away. "it didn't mean nothing!"

she flicked again at the volume of his voice. anais took a breath. "bex," she said in that small voice she always used with him when he got like this. "bex where are you?"

"i'm sorry!"

"i know!" her voice got smaller. "i know you are. where are you?"

there was a pause. "halfway hub."

she rolled her eyes. of course he was at that shitty bar, that's where he'd always go to make a bad decision and scare her.

"is anyone with you? you should go home."

she heard him suck his teeth. "i can drive, bitch."

"no you can't-"

"yes i can, just fuck off, okay?"

her eye damn near twitched. "you called me.."

"only to tell you that," he grumbled, "this is why i'm with julie now.. she doesn't do shit like this."

anais laughed. "shit like what? care about you?"

he was quiet.

"you realize you turn 18 in a few months right?"

"so?"

"so?" she scoffed. "you gonna do shit like this when you're grown?"

"no," he laughed. "but you're only saying that cause i won't be doing you."