013

WARNING:
this chapter contains season
four spoilers.
do not read if you have not
seen season four. this chapter contains SPOILERS.

•••

sunday, october 8th

"I DONT THINK it needs to be everyday.." max said, laying opposite of anais on the bed and she played with a stuffed bunny's ears.

"definitely not." anais agreed. "surely it's not healthy to do it.. everyday."

"yeah!" max said. "like, hello? ingrowns? those hurt like a mother!"

anais laughed. "i'm happy i can finally talk to someone about this."

"me too."

anais titled her head, face met with max's fuzzy sucks because the girl was laying upside down on the bed, her feet by the headboard. "you didn't talk to el about it?"

"..not really no. i mean, robin and i have had a conversation about it once."

"my god robin is so hot." anais said, feeling her face absolutely flush at the thought of the sarcastic brunette girl.

"i know right!" max sat up. "last summer she was doing my makeup and i almost collapsed on the floor. she's so fine."

"and she's totally gay." anais commented. max turned her head, "how do you know?"

"you can just tell. god if i was a few years older-"

anais was cut off by the sound of max's giggling making her laugh too. she now sat up and looked at the clock. "shit, it's 2 already? i gotta go." anais stood up from the bed, grabbing an oversized white-knit sweater with a heart on it and pulling it over her head. she then took off her flannel shorts and replaced them with a black skirt.

"where?"

"mike's house." she said, anais grabbed her bag from side of max's bed and rolled her eyes at the smirk the girl was giving her for. "ew no, not like that."

"so you're not going to swap spit with wheeler?"

anais scrunched her face. "no, i cant kiss him after what he said. then he'll think he can just get away with anything. plus, he's at dustin's."

"oh, right." max pursed her lips. "are you babysitting?"

"yea, i promised karen i would babysit holly while she and ted are out of town."

"can i come?"

anais shrugged. "i don't see why not."

max hopped off the bed and walked into her bathroom. three minutes later she came out with jeans and a blue hoodie on, ready to go. as the two left the house they grabbed their skateboards and began cruising down the empty road.

"i think i'm gonna say no." anais said, bending her knees a little and making a left turn on to portfore avenue.

"what? why!" max exclaimed as she followed her. "i thought you liked him."

"i'm saying no because i like him." anais sighed and tugged on the strap of the bookbag she had on. "she loves him. i cant do that without feeling like shit and what if he still loves her? she comes back and i get hurt. i can't do that again, i owe it to myself to take it easy."

max sighed because she knew anais was right.

"tell me the truth,, how in love were they?"

"don't ask questions you don't wanna know." max laughed, swerving her legs.