016

this chapter contains heavy
language.
(more than usual)

10:07 pm

HER footsteps pounded heavily on the floorboards as anais ran up the stairs. the dizziness in her head and the sick feeling in the pit of her stomach nearly made her throw up when she reached her room. she fell when entering it, scraping hands on the carpet which burned her palms and made her wince at the new pain in her knuckles. again.

anais used her foot to kick the door closed behind her. she scrambled around the room, grabbing her messenger bag she used for school and stuffing it with clothes.

the door opened and then closed again causing her to look up. some relief washed over her as she saw it was marshall who entered the room. they took one look at her, kneeled in the carpet and stuffing her bag full of clothes before getting the hint.

they quickly moved to kneel beside her, picking our random clothes and helping her pack them into a bag.

"i'm so sorry ana-"

"i'm fine." anais cut them off, but you could tell by the way her voice broke she wasn't. she was far from fine.

this always happened. bex wasn't always a bad person to be around but trouble always followed when he had a drink, or two or three or five.

marshall didn't say much, they knew they couldn't do anything to console her when bex got like this. it was best to just be quiet and let ana fix it the way she always did.

leave.

"where you going to now?" marshall asked, stuffing money into the front pocket of her bag and zipping it up.

she paused for a second before speaking one word, "him."

anais stood up and pulled the bag over her shoulders. she grabbed the leather jacket from the back of the door and ran down the stairs. she didn't even acknowledge bex who was sat on the couch with his head in his hands, not until he stood up.

"no." anais said when he walked in front of the door, blocking it from her.

"move away from the door." she pointed her finger at him and tried to keep her voice as stern as possible.

"anais i'm-"

she cut him off, "move away from the door."

"i'm sorry."

anais looked at him with an expression of hurt and disgust mixed together. "sorry?" she stared at him with glossy eyes. "no, you're not fucking sorry."

"i am-"

"no you're not!" she yelled, making him flinch. "it's not a good feeling is it, when i yell at you? how do you think i feel when you get drunk and curse at me and shove me? you think that feels good to me, eric?" he put his head down.

"you think i enjoy watching you drink your fucking life away while you hurt everyone else in the process? you're not sorry. you know what you are? you're selfish. you're a selfish fucking bastard who does whatever the fuck he wants and fuck anyone else if they disagree or have an opinion because you're apparently the only person that matters. you hurt people. you're not sorry and you're not a good person. eric you are the worst person i have ever met. you're a stupid, sloppy drunk who's arrogant and insufferable and probably won't make it past the age of 25. that's all you've ever been and it's all you'll ever be. but of course all of that doesn't matter to you cause you play bass in a band and chicks dig you, right? fuck you." she spat, pushing him away from the door and leaving out of it.