004

friday

"JESUS FUCK, DAVID!" anais groaned looking at her driveway that was clearly missing her honda nighthawk.

the annoyed manager walked out the front door, cup of coffee in hand and a skateboard in the other.

he dropped board making it slide towards her. she scoffed, stepping harshly on the edge of the deck and making it pop up to which she caught it in her hand.

"it hasn't come yet, you'll be skating to school until then."

"skating," she said, "to school? what am i? twelve?"

"not but you behave like you are.." he muttered under his breath making ana's head snap towards him.

"beg your pardon?" she asked, voice full of sass and other hand on her hip.

david sighed and shoo'd her away. "look i'll call the movers and see if we can get it by next week. just go to school, okay?"

anais nodded and sighed. "okay."

david waved goodbye to ana as she set up her board, dropping down the staircase railing to which he disapproved of but honestly she was never one to listen to anything he said.

•••

"good morning class!" mr clarke spoke in a way too enthusiastic tone for 8:15 am.

"good morning mr clarke." a few students replied. anais sat at her seat in the back next to lucas and sighed heavily. lucas looked over to her, "you good?"

"tired." she muttered back, groaning and putting her head on to her desk with folded arms. he only laughed, rubbing her back empathetically.

"what time would it be outback?"

she was silent for a second, doing the calculations in her head. "around midnight."

"damn." lucas sighed under his breath. they laughed to more while mr clarke droned on.

the door opened again and closed kind of loudly making anais lift her head, when her eyes met mike she rolled them and put her head back down. lucas took notice of that and mike's almost annoyed expression he had towards her and put his head down on the desk. "what's going on with wheeler?"

she scoffed. "don't question me about that pretentious little wanker."

lucas faked a taken aback expression. "wanker? i thought that was british."

she shook her head. "the brits steal everything from us. and i told you to ask him."

"he wouldn't tell me either," lucas glanced at mike who sat across the room, looking at his and fiddling with pens next to dustin. "just sum it up. he couldn't have done that much damage," lucas joked, "i only left you alone for a few minutes."

anais lifted her head and squinted her eyes at lucas. "okay, you want me to sum it up? in hindsight, your friend thinks i dress like a whore, so- do with that information what you must."

"wha-"

"okay class! now with your assigned partner i'd like you to begin dissections!"

•••

"you did not tell lucas i called you a whore." mike said, approaching anais after class.

she couldn't help but draw her lips into a disgusted expression. "hello, good morning to you too. i'm doing fine. thank you."

"anais what the fuck?!" mike asked as she continued to walk away from him. people looked at them as they passed through the hall and she had to remember that 'oh my god, i'm literally famous.'