Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to iamchaoticgirl22 .Thank you so much for introducing me to the ADLY family.

***
Previously on Close Yet Apart:

"Why haven't you asked Liz on a date? Cause it's really obvious you like her", Hazel asks with a frown

***

Today is the D-day for Liz. The day she had always fantasized about is here.

Could you guess what it is?

Yes, she is going on a date with Chris in a couple of minutes. She hasn't told Hazel or Tina yet about it but they will have guessed it from her 𝐚𝐛𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 behaviour.

Suddenly, her phone pings—signaling that a message has been sent to her. On seeing who the message is from, a smile immediately appeared on her face.

Liz's Chat

Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ Cʜᴀʀᴍɪɴɢ : 𝙷𝚒 𝙻𝚒𝚣, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚒𝚗 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎.

Lɪᴢ: 𝙰𝚕𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚝.

She races out of her room and gets to the living room, just to be met by her grandmother and Chris having a conversation. She watchs the duo conversing. Chris seems to be a natural while talking to her grandmother. Her grandmother rarely talks to people, well excluding Hazel and Jason. So it is a surprise when her grandmother is talking to Chris.

After standing and staring like a creep for a while, she clears her throat signalling her presence causing the duo to look at her. Instead of feeling embarrassed, Chris just smiles up at her genuinely and her grandmother looks genuinely happy.

"You look amazing Liz", Chris says and walks up to her.

"You don't look too bad yourself", she replies with a smile and he laughs.

Liz's grandmother is happy that her granddaughter is happy after so many years of depression. She is grateful that Hazel came into her granddaughter's life.

"Nana, I'm going on a date with Chris as you already know. I might be back late. Please take care of yourself while I'm away", Liz says and hugs her grandmother.

"Of course dear. Have fun but not too much, okay?", she replies and Liz nods. She then turns to Chris and gives him a smile.

"Take care of my granddaughter for me", she says and Chris nods

"I will, I promise", Chris replies and hugs her to which she hugs back.

Liz's heart swells with pride and joy seeing Chris and her grandmother getting along. She walks towards her grandmother and hugs her tightly.

"Call my dear Hazel to come keep me company, okay?", her grandmother asks and she nods with a smile.

Her grandmother is fond of Hazel now. She thinks of her as her own granddaughter. It is cute to Liz seeing her grandmother and her best friend getting along whenever they met.

"I love you Nana", Liz says as she exits the house with Chris.

"Love you too sweetie", her grandmother replies with a grin on her face.

***

Liz gives Hazel a call and tells her about her grandmother's request to which Hazel agrees. Chris and Liz talk about random stuff. They are both smiling genuinely and feel at peace in each others' presence. Even the silence didn't seem awkward any longer between the two.