Chapter 4

Liam's POV

Okay so I can't concentrate in class right now. And I'm in Biology which is my last class and my favorite class so I don't know why I'm losing concentration. Mrs Abigail has released us to go but I can't find it in me to leave the classroom. I feel nervous about meeting Hazel which is weird.

"Hi Liam", Christina, Christian's twin sister greets with a smile as she taps my shoulder.

"Hey Tina", I reply with a small smile. Then I look around the class and see that it's empty. Weird!

"Mrs Abigail released us about 5mins ago", she comments as she scrutinized me.

"Oh. Thanks Tina", I respond and get up from my seat.

"You seemed out of it in class today. Are you okay?", she questions in concern and I nod.

"I'm fine Tina. Thanks again", I reply rather quickly and walk out of the class and walk towards the badminton. I notice Hazel standing impatiently with a scowl on her face. I feel bad for making her wait. She probably had a lot of things to do.

"Hey Hazel", I say as I stand behind her, causing her to turn to face me with a scowl on her pretty face.

"Hey? All you have to say is 'hey Hazel'. You told me to meet you here after school and you decided to waste my time and all you have to say is hey Hazel. You seem to be an inconsiderate and somewhat demanding asshole, you know, she says and scoffs while I just look at her blankly.

Inconsiderate and somewhat demanding asshole. It rings in my head. Just hearing her call me that hurts and I don't know why. I neither show my hurt nor say a word.

After a few seconds of me staying quiet, I can tell that she's growing impatient.

"If you have nothing else to say, I'll just leave", she says then start walking away and suddenly I grab her wrist and she immediately snatches her wrist away from my grip.

"What?", She snaps coldly

"Why are you so mean?", I ask

"Because most people don't deserve my kindness", she replies with a shrug as her tone cools down

"And why is that?", I ask. I'm really curious.

"Are you interviewing me or what?", She questions. Her cold tone back in her voice

"No I'm not interviewing you. Well not yet", I respond with an amused look on my face.

"If that's all you have to say. I have to go. It was nice talking to you Mr. Liam Black ", she says and begins to walk away and this time I don't stop her.

"This isn't the end, Hazel Brown", I mutter as she leaves my sight.

Fuck! I totally forgot why I even wanted to see her. I slowly walk towards my bike at the back of the school. I get on it and drive off to the home of ice cream, Ice Cream Palace owned by Mrs Duke, Christian and Christina's mom. Mrs Duke is very nice and like a second mom to me. God knows I love that woman. 

***

After about 15-mins driving, I get to the store. I park the bike, remove my key and get off the bike before entering the store with my helmet . Immediately I enter, I spot Chris and Tina. I make my way over to them after greeting Mrs. Duke and ordering my ice cream.

"Hey guys", I say as I plop down beside Chris with Tina opposite us

"Hi Liam again", Tina says as she eats her blueberry ice cream. That girl loves blueberries more than anything.

"Hi dude", Chris says as he drinks his milkshake. Chris has a thing for milkshakes and frozen yogurt. My friends are so into food but then again their mom owns this store.

"So how'd it go?", Chris asks me and I shrug.

"I don't know. I didn't even get to tell her about it. It slipped my mind", I answer and my ice cream arrives just in time.

"Arggh! Dude! Nothing ever slips your mind", Chris says and nudges me while Tina just stares at us with an amused expression even though she's a bit confused. Just as I'm about to scoop my ice cream, the door to the store opens and the one and only Hazel enters with Elizabeth as well as another guy.

The universe doesn't seem to be on my side.

"Chris, your crush is here", Tina whispers and nudges Chris while Chris blushes and I chuckle while Tina laughs.

"Anyways, I'm going over to meet Hazel and Liz", Tina says and I raise and eyebrow at her.

"Since when did you become friends?", I ask. Okay, I might be a bit protective of Tina. She's like a sister to me.

"We had art together and we became acquainted", she replies with a smile then walks towards Hazel, Liz and the guy. I think the guy's her brother because they look alike. I watch as Hazel orders ice cream with the guy/her brother and they walk towards their table where Liz and Tina were waiting. I turn back towards my ice cream and start eating while talking to Chris and somehow, our discussion always ended up about Hazel and Elizabeth.

"Dude, the guy that was with Hazel and Liz is walking over here", Chris whispers to me and I notice that Chris was right. Suddenly the guy stops at our table.

"Hey. Do you mind if I sit with your guys?", He asks

"We don't mind at all", I reply while Chris nods. And the guy sits opposite us.

"I'm Jason, Hazel's elder brother", the guy introduces himself. He looks nicer than Hazel and he's giving off cool vibes.

"It's nice to meet you Jason. I'm Liam", I reply

"And I'm Christian", Chris adds.

"Nice to meet you guys too", Jason replies and we chat a bit before Jason decided that it was time for him, Hazel and Elizabeth to leave. I said my goodbyes to Jason and he left afterwards with Hazel and Elizabeth.

"Tina, did you get Hazel's number?", I ask Tina as she trashes the tube of her now finished ice cream.

"Yes of course but I'm not giving you so don't think about it", she replies and plugs in her ear pods before I even had time to respond.

God! Sometimes Tina can be annoying and unhelpful.

After an hour or so, I decide to head home.

"Bye Chris. Bye Tina", I say as I fist bump Chris and hug Tina.

"Bye Liam", the twins say in unison and I chuckle then say my goodbye to Mrs. Duke after paying for my ice cream (even though Mrs. Duke said I didn't have to). Then I leave the store and get on my bike then drive towards my house.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Author's Note
So what do you guys think about this chapter? Do you think things are going too fast? Or do you think things are going too slow? Or do you think things are going at a normal pace?

As at 23/06/23; I have changed a few things in this chapter. This goes to the previous readers. The above questions can still be answered but there's nothing I can do about that now, this is for present readers that are probably reading this now... Thank you though! Not a lot changed in this chapter. It's just a tad bit of editing here and there...

Question of the day:
What is your favorite music track?

My answer:
Well this is a bit hard for me to answer. I have a lot of music tracks that are my favorites but I think I'll pick Heat Waves by Glass Animals or Levitating by Dua Lipa and you can add Arcade by Duncan Laurence. I still have a lot more but those should do.

Shout out to people from Portugal. Love you guys so much. You guys are amazingly beautiful. I hope to visit your country one day. I love you all ❤️

...See you in the next chapter...

... Happy Reading...

#EDITED#