Chapter 25 - Eve

"One minute." I replied after clearing my throat.

My hands shook as I swiped the pregnancy sticks and the compromising boxes into the trash bin.

The door handle moved.

"Why did you lock the door?" Barrett asked, discontent ringing in his voice, and I rushed to open it.

There he stood towering over my short frame and eyeing me suspiciously.

"I didn't know you were home," I said brushing my hair back nervously. "I always lock the bathroom door. It's a habit. Sorry."

His dark eyes softened. Warm fingers reached and brushed my smooth cheek gently.

"Have you been crying?"

Have I? I didn't notice if I had.

"No."

I wiped my cheeks with my palms, checking them for any presence of moist. They were dry. Maybe my eyes were red?

"How was your day?" He asked.

"It was good. You finished your work for today?" I had a feeling my nervous body language was betraying me. I could hardly talk to him knowing what kind of truth was lying behind my back in the trash bin.

Barrett signed, his chest expanded.

"I need to make a couple of calls then look through one document."

"Oh."

It was the first time he brought work home on Friday. And I couldn't be happier about it this very moment.

"I'll be with you shortly."

He kissed me on my lips pushing his wet tongue through my teeth barrier and playing a seductive game with my tongue in my mouth.

"I saw what you bought." He rasped into my ear, his voice lecherous.

My heart sank.

"What?"

"I want to see you in that red number tonight."

Relief flooded over me. He was talking about the new underwear I had left on the bed.

"Okey." I breathed out softly. His kiss made my face burn and my body responded accordingly, arousing at the mere touch of his lips.

Barrett straightened and looked at my dazed face pensively.

"Are you feeling alright?"

I tensed. Why was he asking?

"Yes."

"Then why are you hiding in this bedroom? I was under the opinion that we agreed you move your belongings to the master bedroom. Do it now."

I smiled at his domineering behaviour and gave him a small nod.

"I'll soak in jacuzzi then in your bathroom, instead of taking a shower here."

He laughed and headed toward the exit.

"You do that."

I watched him disappear in the hall and tried to subdue the feeling of growing weakness in my legs. As allways his proximity was turning me jelly-legged.

Yesterday after another hot round of lovemaking in his huge bed, Mr Barrett ordered for me to move into his bedroom. It surprised me of course. So far I learnt that Jack Barrett wasn't into much sharing. He wanted to possess me, though. That I was certain about. And to do so he had to implement some adjustments into his life, so I could fit in. Slowly but surely the man was taking over my personal space, body and soul. I suspected myself being almost in love with him already.