°•° 33 °•°

Overnight, a cold front came through and I woke up to soft white flurries falling from the sky. I smiled, snow being one of my favorite things about the winter. Normally, in Colorado, we had our first snowfall a lot earlier, so I was glad to see that winter had finally come.

After bundling up in sweatpants, a giant hoodie, and the fluffiest socks I owned, I shuffled to the kitchen to grab breakfast. I was too cold to feel like making anything so I grabbed a microwave breakfast sandwich and heated it up. The microwave dinged once it was ready and I ran back to my bed to wrap myself in my blankets. You know, after turning up the heater.

As I was chowing down, my phone started ringing from my nightstand. I looked over and realized that it was Jordan.

"Hey," I said after I swallowed.

"Hey," he replied. "It's snowing."

I chuckled. "Yeah, I noticed. It's freezing in my apartment."

"Did you turn on the heater?"

"No, I blasted the AC."

He laughed. "Right. I'm sure you know how to fix being cold."

"Yep. I am currently wrapped in a blanket and have on lots of comfy clothes."

He chuckled again before it faded out. I waited for him to say something but nothing came. It was slightly awkward so, to keep the conversation going, I asked, "What's up with you? Why are you calling so early?"

"It's almost nine."

I rolled my eyes playfully even though he wasn't there to see it. "Not answering the question, I see."

He sighed, though I heard him relax a little at my teasing. "I have a doctor's appointment today that I forgot about so can you take a rain check on our lunch plans?"

"Oh, sure. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's just a check in."

"Didn't you have a check in just a few days ago?"

"Yeah, but Doctor Evans is just trying to be thorough."

I guess I could understand that. "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?"

"Yeah, it'll be fine. It's not a huge deal. How about we have dinner tonight to make up for it?"

I sighed. "Fine. Ditch me for Doctor Evans. I can just eat lunch with Lemon."

Jordan laughed. "I'm sorry, sunshine."

My heart fluttered. Things had been a little stiff since our fight yesterday despite my efforts to try and reconcile. But just hearing him call me his sunshine made me so much more hopeful that whatever was between us would quickly pass.

"Oh, I have to go. My brother is FaceTiming me," Jordan suddenly stated.

"Okay. I'll miss you at lunch."

"I'll miss you, too. But I'll talk to you later about dinner plans, okay?"

"Okay, bye."

The line went dead and I slowly exited out of the window. With a breath, I couldn't help but smile. We hadn't had a dinner date in a while, so maybe this would really mend the small crack in our relationship.

°•°•°•°•°

I shook my head, trying to get the snowflakes out of my hair. My boots, which were supposed to be waterproof, were soaked and my nose was red and cold from trekking through the still falling snow. But I had a hot box of pizza and I was on my way to see my friend. So nearly freezing was worth it.