°•° 14 °•°

I looked at the time one more time, making sure that we weren't missing the plane. I knew that I was probably just nervous, making me overthink everything, but I was also excited and wanted everything to go smoothly.

"Relax, chica," Harper reassured me. "I'm sure they'll be here any minute."

I gave her a smile, trying to look perfectly calm and unconcerned. But Braylin and Rebecca were supposed to be here seven minutes ago and I still hadn't seen any sign of them. I knew I had allotted plenty of time to get on the plane, but I, for one, couldn't wait to see them, and two, I didn't want to miss our flight.

"I still can't believe we get to fly first class." Harper shook her head, her little poof of curls which were pulled into a loose ponytail bouncing around with it. "You're so lucky that you're about to have such a rich stepdad."

I wasn't sure "lucky" would be the word I would use. Plus, I don't think I was physically able to think of Preston as my stepdad. It was way too weird.

"Oh, is that them?"

I pulled myself away from my thoughts and followed Harper's gaze. Sure enough, two girls were walking into the other side of the airport lobby, one with straight deep black hair and the other with dirty blond waves.

My face stretched into an elated, and somewhat relieved, smile. "Bray! Bec!" I called.

They looked over and they both smiled wide, rushing to meet us. "Hey, El!"

I embraced both of them, giving them a tight squeeze. While I had seen Braylin last Saturday, I hadn't seen Bec since I had moved to Edwards besides through FaceTime.

"It's so good to see you guys." I beamed as I pulled away.

"You, too!" Bec replied. "I freaked out when I got your text Monday night."

"She literally squealed," Braylin clarified.

I laughed. "I'm not surprised. Though I am surprised that your dad let you come, especially since it's in the middle of the school week."

Her smile twitched a bit but didn't fade. "Yeah, well, he and I have a deal that I'm responsible for myself and while he didn't like the idea of me leaving, he didn't stop me." She leaned in and smirked. "And you should have seen how much my brother whined. He was so jealous."

Giggling, I took a step back. "I want to introduce you guys to Harper." I stepped to the side so Lemon could join the conversation. "Harper, this is Braylin and Rebecca."

Braylin smiled, sticking out her hand to give hers a shake. "Nice to meet you."

Harper shook her hand and gave her an inviting and bright smile. "You, too! And I just have to say, you guys are so pretty."

Bec's face blushed tomato red and Braylin gave a bashful smile, replying, "Thank you so much. You are, too. Your hair is honestly so cute."

I couldn't help but grin at how well they were hitting it off. This trip was going to be so fun. "Are you guys ready for this?" I asked.

They all responded with their confirmation and, just in time, the receptionist called over the intercoms that our plane was boarding. We hustled to the gate and went through the process of getting our e-tickets scanned, loading up our bags, and finding our seats.

By the time we had all sat down, the plane was nearly filled with passengers and it was almost time for lift off. My stomach was doing somersaults and I couldn't tell if I was more nervous or excited. Maybe it was a good mix of both.

"Ah," Bec sighed as she sunk into one of the seats. "I don't think I will ever be able to sit in standard plane seating again. This is like heaven."

I laughed as I got comfortable in my seat as well, understanding why people flew first class now. I had always thought the expense wasn't worth it, but Bec was right. These seats were amazingly comfortable and spacious. And soon there would be drinks, too.