°•° 24 °•°

After lunch, I put on my dress and touched up my lip gloss. I had stared at myself in the mirror for a solid thirty seconds before the rest of the women in the room decided to start gushing over me. I heard the word "beautiful" approximately fifty times before I was able to leave the room and catch my breath. Of course, I appreciated their comments. But they were so loud, I felt like I was being smothered.

I decided to take a look at the two places the wedding would be held. On the roof would be the ceremony and then the penthouse ballroom would be for the reception. My heels clacked against the shiny floor as I made my way down the hall to the double doors of the ballroom. When I peeked in, there were a few people still touching up the decorations but all and all it looked extravagantly done. From the sparkling chandelier hanging from the high ceiling to the waxed and polished quartz flooring and the soft touches of peach and gold throughout the room. It was breathtaking and I knew the rooftop would be just as or more beautiful.

Knowing it wouldn't hurt to be away from the prep room a few more minutes, I took the elevator up to the roof. When the doors opened, I was not disappointed upon seeing the hundreds of immaculate chairs lined up with white and peach bows on the back along with a canopy at the very end of the roof where the ceremony would take place. The flowers covering the awning were huge and matched the rim of embroidery along my dress. I hadn't realized exactly how much my idea had fit until then.

Reluctantly, I went back downstairs to the preparation room so that I could help my mom some more. There was only about an hour until the ceremony was set to start.

As I was making my way down the hall, the elevator dinged from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and was surprised to see a giant group of guys walking in in fine suits and shiny dress shoes. I noticed Kason among the group.

"Hey, Ella!" he greeted upon seeing me.

I turned and walked back toward him with a wide smile. "Hey, walking partner. Are you ready for this?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Great, because I can't make any promises that I won't trip in these heels." I hiked up my dress to show him how high the heels my mom had picked were. I had nearly tripped three times already.

"That's what I'm here for, to catch you when you fall," he joked.

"By the way, you look amazing."

He straightened his suit jacket proudly. "Thank you. So do you." He looked over his shoulder with a smirk. "And I think someone else thinks so, too."

I followed his gaze back to the elevator where someone had just gotten off. But they were frozen in place, staring at me.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Why did I have any doubts that you wouldn't look hot in a suit?" I said to Jordan.

He blinked a few times before cracking a smile and slowly walking toward Kason and me. Kason gave me a wink before turning and heading into the ballroom with the rest of his friends.

"You look... gorgeous," Jordan said, sounding almost awestruck.

I laughed a little though my face was turning warm. "And you look very handsome if I do say so myself." I dusted off a piece of lent on his shoulder and then held onto his lapels as I looked up at him. His eyes were sparkling as he gazed back at me.

"I know Kason's ready, but are you?" he asked gently.

I flashed him a smile. "Like he said, as ready as I'll ever be."

"Good. Just remember that nothing is changing too much, okay?" He kissed my forehead and I leaned into it. When he pulled away, he added, "I'm always here for you."