°•° 5 °•°

Harper didn't want to face Trainer about her mildly sprained ankle, so she called off practice the next day. She knew that she was going to have to tell him at some point, but she told me she was hoping that it would be closer to the end of her two week healing period. She was lucky that we didn't have a performance for a few weeks.

So, with my day off, I decided to relax in my apartment and unpack the few things I had. I unloaded my suitcase and hung up half the clothes, while throwing the others in the provided dresser in the corner. The few pairs of shoes that I had shoved into my duffle bag were placed on one wall of my closet and the rest of my random items, like a few pictures and some mementos, were placed on my nightstand or on top of my dresser.

But taking a step back, it all looked so plain.

When I had moved out of my dad's house a year ago, I hadn't taken much since a lot of my childhood stuff was junk anyway. The few things that I had brought to my old apartment had been organized before I moved to Edwards, and now I only had the bare bones of what I used to.

With a sigh, I knew I'd have to go to a home decorating store eventually. All the absent space was depressing.

But that time wasn't now, so I flopped onto my bed, snatching up my phone from my nightstand. While I had been organizing my minimal closet, I received a text.

I smiled when I realized it was Jordan. I'm mostly recovered from my round of chemo yesterday. Wanna have dinner?

Grinning to myself, I responded, Sure! Name the place and time and I'll be there.

How about seven? And I can pick you up if you want me to.

What, don't want to spoil where we're going?

Nope. It's a surprise.

Shaking my head, I tried to think of a way to coax it out of him. Okay, at least tell me the dress code.

Something nice.

Like casual nice or fancy nice?

I see what you're trying to do and it's not going to work.

I laughed. Okay, okay. But seriously, though, heels or flats? I at least have to know that.

Fine. Heels, but mostly because I'm curious to see you in them ;)

Blushing even though it wasn't even really a complement, I quickly tried to come up with a response. Does that mean I get to see you in a suit?

The bubbles danced a moment before he eventually said, We'll see.

Chuckling with an eye roll, I threw my phone to the side and got up to check my closet for something to wear. I hadn't really brought anything nice and the only pair of heels that I owned pinched my toes.

But that wasn't a problem that couldn't be fixed.

Hey, I sent off to Harper.

She immediately replied. Hey, girlie! What's up?

Well... I started to type, trying to put this in a way she wouldn't flip out. I kinda have a date tonight and need to go shopping.

A DATE!? WITH WHO?!

I giggled. Looks like the flip out was unavoidable. A guy named Jordan.

Ohhh, tell me about him!

I blew at my bangs. How about I tell you as we go shopping? Are you up for it?