°•° 16 °•°

I deflated into the bed of our hotel room, completely worn out. It was nearly midnight and even with my nap on the plane that morning, I was exhausted.

After talking with my mom a bit more and having Bec fawn over her wedding dress, she had taken us all out to lunch. After that, we went back to Alaina's and tried to pick out a bridesmaid dress again. Still, even after thinking about it for nearly two extra hours, my mom struggled to pick. Finally, Braylin brought up the fact that it would probably be cool in the middle of November and if we were doing outside pictures, the short one might not be the best choice. That narrowed it down to the first and second options. When we voted again, Harper picked the second one.

Finally, my mom decided on the second one, wanting to really shine on her wedding day. I couldn't say I wasn't relieved with her decision.

After she had picked, Alaina went straight into getting my measurements and altering the dress to me. That had taken a lot longer than I had expected and by the time I was able to take off the dress, my legs were like jelly from standing so long.

We were all starving by then so Mom took us to a really fancy restaurant which had amazing food and satisfied Bec's craving for surf and turf, but took three hours.

When it was all said and done and we had checked into the fancy hotel, I had barely been able to take a shower without drifting off.

Grappling for my phone which I had thrown at the end of the king sized bed that Harper and I were going to share, I realized I had a few notifications. I groaned and wanted to ignore them all, but then Jordan's name caught my eye. I pulled up his text from several hours ago.

Hey. How's it going in the big apple?

And somehow, from thousands of miles away, he was still making me smile through my exhaustion. Sorry I just saw this. It's been a crazy day.

He responded almost immediately, like he had been waiting for me to text him back. Oh no. You're not dead, are you?

No, I reassured him. But close to it.

Was it really that bad?

I sighed. No, not really. I'm just tired, I guess.

Why are you texting me then? SLEEP.

I chuckled, rolling my eyes. Nah, you're a lot more entertaining than my dreams.

I bet I am.

I laughed again. And this is why I was dating him. Everything good there?

Yeah. But it's severely boring without you. I really can't remember what I did before I pestered you all day.

You don't pester me.

He took a second to answer. So you miss me?

I smiled softly. Of course.

I miss you, too.

My heart skipped a beat in my chest as I struggled to keep my smile at bay. Though you're probably glad you aren't here. My mom was tipsy most of the day.

I honestly kind of want to see that now.

Of course you do.

He sent a laughing emoji, before saying, Sorry to cut our conversation short, but I have a follow up appointment in the morning and my doctor can somehow magically tell if I haven't had enough sleep.