°•° 6 °•°

Harper and I moved onto lighter topics of conversation as I changed and she helped me with my hair by curling it and putting it into a half up bun. I applied a little more makeup than normal, too, and by the time we were done, I felt more beautiful than I had in my entire life.

"Ah, he's going to swoon!" Harper chirped excitedly before looking down at her phone at the time. It was almost seven. "Okay, I'm going to kick it out of here before he shows. Good luck!"

We embraced before she left, slamming the door behind her.

Not two minutes later, my phone chimed with a text from Jordan, I'm outside :)

My stomach did a flip and I had to take a deep breath before replying, Omw.

I grabbed my purse and gave myself one more look in the mirror. Deciding that there was nothing more I could do, I left my apartment, locking the door behind me.

When I came outside, I recognized his black Range Rover idling in a parking space close to the apartment building door.

As I made my way over, he got out of the car. "Hey."

"Hey." I smiled.

He took in my outfit and blinked a few times. "You look... amazing."

My face flushing, I looked down at my hands. "Thank you. You, too." He wasn't wearing a suit but a navy blue button up with the first few buttons left undone, tucked into a pair of slacks. And, to my surprise, no hat, his hairless head shining. "No beanie today?"

As he rounded the car to open my door for me, he ran his hand over his bald head. "No reason to hide it anymore. Wanna rub it for good luck?"

Laughing, I shook my head as I climbed into the passenger seat.

He made it back around and sat down in the driver's seat, buckling up as I did. "So where are we going?"

"Nah, I'm not telling you so soon."

I pouted. "Oh, come on. Please?"

"Nope." He glanced at me with teasing eyes as he peeled out of the parking lot.

"Uh, fine. You leave me no choice but to start guessing." I pulled out my phone and searched "nice restaurants near me."

"Hey, that's cheating!" he protested.

"You did not specify any rules, sir, therefore it is not cheating." I found the list of restaurants and started to name them off, trying to get a reaction out of him. "Danny Mo's Barbecue?"

He gave me a look. "You really think I would wear this to a barbecue place?"

I shrugged. "You never know." Scrolling, I found the next one. "Cali Company Surf and Turf?"

"I'm not giving you a yes or no answer."

"Corbin Del's Steakhouse."

He sighed, though a smile pulled at his lips.

"Ah! That's it! I got it," I laughed.

"Fine, fine, yes, you got it. Have you ever been?"

Putting my phone away, I responded, "No. I haven't really been to anything outside of Kingsford. And most of the time I just ate diner food there since I got an employee's discount."

"Wait, was it Mighty's?"

"Yeah. How did you know?" I questioned.

"That place was my favorite when I lived there. I went there with my friends all the time after football games and things. Does Wyona still work there?"