Chapter 41

"Should we wake them?" Goyle whispers to Pansy in the morning.

     "No." She whispers back. "I don't think either if them fell asleep until a few hours ago. I'll put a Silencing Charm on the room."

     The common room is deserted when Ursa wakes. She looks at the time to see she slept through her first class. She hears the common room door open and turns her head to see Snape come in. Snape sits on the other side of her. "Hey." She says.

     "I know all of this is going to effect Draco and Narcissa more than you." Snape says and tears come to Ursa's eyes.

     "We were going to fix our relationship this summer."

      "I know you are going to do anything it takes to take care of them. Just make sure you don't burn yourself out. You'll be no use to anyone if you do. If you need an escape, you know where I live. The key to the backdoor is under the mat and Wormtail will be there. I'm getting my fireplace removed from the network when the semester is over. Can't risk anyone overhearing anything."

     "They'll probably take us off it at some point."

     "If you decide to go to the Weasleys or just want to be alone at Grimmauld, let me know and I'll tell your mother you're with me."

     "Thanks."

     "Get dressed and go see Dumbledore. I'll wait here for him." Ursa nods and carefully stands. She goes into her dorm and changes into casual clothes. She goes to the gargoyle statue guarding Dumbledore's office. She uses the password to reveal the staircase and goes up them. She knocks on the door before going inside.

     "Ah Miss Malfoy." Dumbledore says. "Come in. Have a seat." Dumbledore summons a tea tray and pours himself some tea. "Would you like any?"

     "No." Ursa says. Dumbledore nods.

     "I am sure you have a lot of questions."

     "You could have gotten Sirius released at any time."

      "No. I couldn't."

      "Why not?"

      "Harry needed to go to the Dursleys. As Harry's godfather, he would have been the one to raise him."

     "So you sent him to Azkaban to get him out of the way and now he's dead."

     "So your friends know now."

     "Yes. I'm glad they know now but I am worried about them being resentful that I hid it. Remus said his friends weren't happy he hide his Lycanthropy that long."

     "Remus huh?"

     "A lot of the Order has told me to call them by their first names. I do not understand it. He actually tried to get me to tell them around Christmas."

     "Good, I think he would be a good person to go to."

     "Why did you show me those memories?" Ursa asks as she crosses her arms. "Me of all people."

     "What do you mean?"

     "You know what I mean Professor. The Order doesn't even know about some of those things. My family is within the Dark Lord's inner circle. Why trust me? What's keeping me from telling the Dark Lord everything?"

     "Your heart." Ursa sighs.

     "Why that night? Why Severus begging you to protect the Potters? Why the Longbottoms? Why the prophecy? Especially the prophecy."