Chapter 29

"I am furious and disgusted!" Narcissa yells at Ursa the next day. "I told you never to speak to them again!"

     "I do not care!" Ursa yells back. "They are some of the only people that are not so terrified of me that they will not talk to me."

     "You cannot be seen with them. Your father says you have been."

     "I do not know what you want me to say! I am not abandoning them! I am not going to stop talking to them! They make me happy."

     "I do not give a fuck if you are happy! We have a reputation to up-"

     "Nobody gives a fuck about our reputation other than the other Death Eater families!" Ursa interrupts. "By the way, our reputation at Hogwarts is shit. To them we are the stereotypical definition of Slytherins; mean, Dark wizards, evil. We are either hated or feared and more often than not, until me, it's hated! We are stuck up snobs who think they are better than everyone and do not give a fuck about others unless they are pureblood. They think everyone but me is fucking weak and use our money and status to compensate. Is that really the fucking reputation you want? Because that's what we have!" Narcissa grabs Ursa's collar and roughly pushes her into the nearest wall. Ursa gasps as the air is knocked out of her and Narcissa pins her to the wall.

     "Do not speak to me like that!" Narcissa spits.

     "All I am doing is telling the truth."

     "You are pureblood. You are a member of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black. Start fucking acting like it or you will be disowned."

     "While I'm on a truth kick, you and I both know there is no way in hell anyone is completely pureblood or else our families would have died out years ago."

     "That is nonsense that dirty-blood and Mudbloods use to try and discredit us. We. Are. Pure."

     "If you say so." Narcissa slaps Ursa and if she wasn't pinning Ursa to the wall, Ursa would have fallen to the ground by the force. Tears come to Ursa's eyes as Narcissa doesn't show shock. Narcissa notices the necklace Kreacher gave Ursa.

     "Where did you get that?" Narcissa whispers.

     "What?"

     "That necklace. Where did you get it?"

     "My friends gave it to me. Why do you care?"

     "Your great aunt had one just like it."

     "Interesting."

     "Where did you get it?"

     "My friends." Narcissa grabs the dragon and flips it over to see the Black Family crest engraved in the back.

     "The Black Family crest is engraved on it. Your friends just happened to have your great aunt's necklace? Tell me the truth?"

     "I can't."

     "Ursa. Now."

     "I can't. I physically cannot even if I wanted to. Now back to our conversation. I believe you said that we are pure and I said something like 'if you say so' and then you fucking hit me." Narcissa's hand moves from Ursa's collar to her throat.

     "Do you get pleasure out of being a little brat?"

     "A little bit."

     "You are dangerously close to being given to Bellatrix for your punishment."

     "Then do it!" Ursa exclaims. "She doesn't scare me anymore. She's cursed and hexed me enough times that the fear has worn off." Ursa's eyes widen and she slaps her hand over her mouth. Narcissa's face softens and she releases Ursa's throat.