Chapter 4

TW: Magical Abuse & Abuse inplied

     Ursa starts seeming back to normal except she is still quiet. "Is there something you want to talk about Cub?" Narcissa asks one afternoon.

     "No." Ursa answers.

     "Alright. You can always talk to me if you want."

     "I know." Narcissa leaves and Ursa speaks to herself. "Why can't it be night yet. I want to fly." Ursa stands after a few minutes and goes into her closet to get some candy. She hears the door to her room open.

     "Little Bear?" Bellatrix asks. Ursa hurries out of her closet, stashing the candy in her pocket. "What were you doing in there?"

     "What do you want Auntie?"

     "For you to join the Dark Lord."

     "How many times do I have to tell you that I do not want to and that there is nothing you can do to change that?"

     Ursa walks back towards her window seat but freezes as a blue light hits her in the back. "You used to be such a nice girl to me. Your mother should never have sent you away. You were such a good little girl."

     Bellatrix's spell wears off and Ursa continues walking "How would you know? I was two when you left me!"

     Ursa screams as pain shoots through her body. She collapses when it stops to see Bellatrix with her wand pointed at her. "How many times do I have to tell you that you will join him or suffer? Are you going to listen now?"

     "No." Ursa says before Bellatrix attacks her again, causing Ursa to scream again.

     "Ursa?" Narcissa says as she runs down the hall with Lucius behind her, having heard Ursa's screams. "Ursa!" Narcissa runs in and sees Bellatrix. "Bella stop! What the hell are you doing?" Bellatrix stops and Narcissa jogs over to Ursa, who is breathing heavily and trying to keep from crying. "Bellatrix Lestrange get the hell out of this room! I will deal with you later." Bellatrix leaves, passing Lucius who glares at her, and Narcissa kneels next to Ursa. "Are you okay?"

     Ursa pushes Narcissa away and hurries to her nightstand. She grabs her wand before running out of the room and through the house. Lucius jogs after her to make sure she isn't going after Bellatrix. He stops when he sees her go outside, knowing Bellatrix rarely goes outside. Ursa runs into the garden, to the old tree in the center and climbs it. She finds her usual branch and sits, leaning back against the trunk. She puts a sticking jinx on herself, so she doesn't fall, and finally starts crying. Lyra hears Ursa and flies out of the Owlery. She lands on Ursa's lap and nuzzles against her.

     "Why the fuck did you hex Ursa?!" Narcissa yells at Bellatrix in the sitting room.

     "She refuses to join the Dark Lord." Bellatrix answers.

     "We told you we are not pushing her! You do not hurt my children Bellatrix. For any reason."

     "Why do you even care what I do to her? She refused to join the Dark Lord, she's nothing."

     "She used to be your favorite person."

     "Things change."

     "Remember whose house you are in Bellatrix. Do not hurt my children or I will turn you over to the Ministry." Narcissa storms out of the room and Lucius and Bellatrix stand in silence for a minute.

     "I told you not to use force Bellatrix." Lucius says. "I told you to talk to her to convince her not hex her. I want her to do the right thing and join too but hurting her is just going to push her away."