Chapter 26

"Why will you not listen?!" Lucius yells at Ursa in the library.

     "Because I don't want this!" Ursa exclaims. "I don't want to be a Death Eater! I don't want to hurt others!"

     "We need to cleanse the world of Mudbloods. We are superior."

     "There are no such thing as 'Muggle-borns' they are just descendants of Squibs and even if they weren't I still don't think we need to kill them."

     "You are such a disappointment." Lucius says as Draco walks into the second floor of the library and looks down at the fight.

     "I know!" Ursa yells. "I know you hate me! I know I disappoint you!"  Narcissa walks into the library.

     "I do not hate you! I despise you!"

     "Lucius!" Narcissa exclaims.

     "Well I hate you!" Ursa spits. "You can try all you want to get me to join the Death Eaters but it will never work. There us nothing you can do!"

     "Yes there is." Lucius draws his wand.

     "Lucius, no!" Narcissa exclaims as Lucius shoots a hex towards Ursa. Ursa's hand shoots out and Lucius's hex hits a shield. Everyone freezes in shock. Draco runs down the stairs and grabs Ursa before their parents can recover. He pulls her out the back doors to the garden. She pulls her arm from his grasp when the reach the entrance of the hedge maze. She draws a trip-line at the entrance and follows Draco to the center of the maze.

     "What the hell was that?" Draco exclaims.

     "What the fuck was I supposed to do?" Ursa yells back. "Let him hex me!"

     "Use your wand!"

     "Mother took my wand yesterday!"

     "Damn it Ursa! Now they know everything."

     "Maybe we could convince them it was an accident."

     "Ursa you didn't have a wand and you did it nonverbally and you didn't draw the wand movement like you did with the chest. You shouldn't be able to do that!"

     "Mother's coming." Ursa says as she feels her wand moving closer.

     "How do you know it's her?"

     "She has my wand on her. She hasn't made it to the maze yet. So how are we going to explain this?"

     "I guess we have to try the accident excuse."

     "She's at the entrance." Ursa paces and talks to Snape. "I just blocked my father's hex without a wand... and nonverbally... and without doing the wand motion."

     "Damn it Ursa!" Snape replies.

     "What the hell was that?" Narcissa asks angrily when she gets to the center.

     "What?" Ursa asks aloud.

     "What do you mean 'what?' You just blocked a spell without a wand or incantation Ursa!"

     "It was a fluke."

     "I do not believe that."

     "I'm done with him yelling at me to join the Dark Lord and the anger made it work."

     "Ursa Jade Malfoy do not lie to me." Narcissa growls as she storms up to Ursa. "How did you do that?"

     "I don't know." Narcissa grabs Ursa's collar and pulls her close.