Chapter 13

Ursa wakes up before everyone else and quietly puts a cloak on. She quietly sneaks down the stairs and raises her hood. Kreacher is waiting for her outside the room. Ursa takes Kreacher's hand and he disapparates them to entrance of Knockturn Alley.

     "Is Miss Ursa sure this is safe?" Kreacher asks in a whisper.

     "Yes Kreacher." Ursa whispers back as she releases his hand. They go down the mostly deserted street, a few drunks still stumbling around. They arrive at a store and Ursa knocks on the door. A man unlocks and opens the door and Ursa pushes her hood back enough so the man can see her face.

     "Miss Malfoy." The man says. "Come in." The man steps to the side and let's Ursa in. Ursa steps inside and lowers her hood.

     "Thank you for agreeing to meet me so early Mr Mulpepper." Ursa says.

     "Anything for one of my biggest customers." Mr Mulpepper replies. "Now what can I get for you?" Ursa hands him a list and he scans it. "Hm. Making some Wolfsbane are we? A large batch."

      "Yes."

     Mr Mulpepper speaks as he starts gathering the ingredients. "Well that would explain why you wanted to come in secret."

     "One of the reasons. I am currently in trouble with my parents and left three days ago. I've been hiding out and did not want them to possibly see me."

     Mr Mulpepper notices Kreacher. "I thought your family lost their elf."

     "We did." Ursa replies. "He belongs to a friend."

     "Letting you borrow it for transportation?"

     "Yes." Mr Mulpepper walks back up to the counter.

     "Alright that will be 100 Galleons. Would you like to put it on your family's tab?"

     "No. I have the money here." Ursa gives him the money and he gives her the bag of ingredients.

      "Remember to be careful with that Wolfsbane. Very poisonous."

     "If you could keep the contents of my purchase between us, that would be great."

     Later that morning, Lucius walks into Mr Mulpepper's. "Ah Mr Malfoy!" Mr Mulpepper says. "What can I do for you? I just got-"

     "I am not buying today." Lucius interrupts. "I need information. Have you seen my daughter?"

     "Yeah. She asked to meet in private at five this morning. Needed some ingredients. Said she left your house and was hiding."

     "Do you know where she is staying?"

     "Well she had a house-elf with her. Said it was a friends. She disapparated with the elf after I gave her the ingredients. That's all I know."

     "Thank you." Lucius leaves the store and waits for Narcissa to come out of Borgin and Burkes.

     "Any sign of her?" Narcissa asks Lucius.

     "She apparently met with Mr Mulpepper at five this morning." Lucius says. "She had a friend's house-elf with her and disapparated."

     "So she's probably not here." Narcissa sighs. "Borgin saw a hooded figure go into Mr Mulpepper's around five. It must have been her."

     "Odds are high she's not in the Diagon Alley area."

     "I cannot think of anywhere else Severus knows about that she would be even remotely safe at. Let alone with a house-elf. This is all my fault." Lucius wraps his arms around Narcissa and disapparates them to their room before Narcissa can start crying. "I made her run."