Chapter 40

"Avada Kedavra!" Bellatrix yells from behind Ursa. Sirius pushes Ursa out of the way and takes the curse. He stumbles back into the veil and disappears. Harry yells in heartbreak and Lupin holds him back from trying to go into the veil. Bellatrix smirks at Harry before running out of the room. Harry rips himself from Lupin and runs after her. Ursa flies after them. "I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix yells teasingly as she runs and laughs. "You little children coming to get me?"

     "Crucio!" Harry casts. It hits Bellatrix and she yelps as she is knocked to the floor, dropping Ursa's prophecy. Ursa and Harry reach Bellatrix and hear the end of the prophecy.

     "-making them essential to the Dark Lord's defeat or success." Trelawney's voice comes from the smoke. Ursa lands next to Harry, in human form and eyes black, with her wand pointed at Bellatrix.

     "You have got to mean it Harry." Voldemort says in Harry's head. "She killed him. She deserves it."

     "Come on little niece. I killed him." Bellatrix teases. "I know you cannot do it."

     "Crucio!" Ursa casts and Bellatrix screams. Ursa stops as Voldemort appears and Bellatrix laughs.

     "Do it!" Voldemort yells at Harry. Harry turns to attack Voldemort and Voldemort just knocks his wand from his hand. "So weak. I am disappointed in you Ursa, helping Potter instead of your family." Ursa spins around.

     "I tried to save my father." Ursa says. "I am helping my family. I came here to save Sirius."

     "You little blood-" Bellatrix starts before Ursa shoots a Silencing Charm over her shoulder and turns.

     "Shut up Bellatrix." One of the fireplaces light up and Dumbledore steps out.

     "It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom." Dumbledore says. "The Aurors are on their way."

     "By which time, I will be gone and you will be dead." Voldemort replies before attacking. Bellatrix shoots a spell at Ursa before sliding back into a fireplace and disappearing in green flames. Ursa transforms before it hits her. Dumbledore throws Harry off to the side to protect him and Ursa lands on a fireplace. Dumbledore and Voldemort fight. Dumbledore kneels next to Harry as Voldemort attempts to possess him and Ursa lands on Dumbledore's shoulder. The Minister and the Aurors start arriving right before Voldemort disappears.

     "He's back." Fudge says and Ursa squawks angrily at him.

     "Calm child." Dumbledore says. The Order and the rest of the kids come into the Atrium and over to Harry and Dumbledore who both stand.

     "Has anyone seen Ursa?" Hermione asks worriedly.

     "She was out here with me until Dumbledore arrived." Harry says as Hermione hugs him. Ursa leaves Dumbledore's shoulder and lands on Hermione's.

     "Are you okay Fawkes?" Hermione asks. "You're looking a... little green."

     "No. That is not Fawkes." Dumbledore says.

     "What is that thing?" Ron asks as he points a finger at Ursa. Ursa bites at it and Dumbledore chuckles.

     "She is a Jade Phoenix." Ron tries to poke her and Ursa bites him.

     "Ow!"

     "Stop poking her and she won't bite you." Dumbledore looks at Ursa. "Are you going to stay that way?" Ursa looks at the Aurors and Fudge before looking back to Dumbledore and nodding. "I understand. We won't let them take you if you change your mind."