Chapter eight: (part 3) Cave of wonders

(Captain's pov)
"Attention dolphins. We are the octonauts, we are here to lead you out of the cave to safety" I announced. "Hmm, I don't know about you" an older male dolphin said, circling me suspiciously. "Come on uncle Aten, let them help" Dusty pleaded. "You all need to be able to get to the surface to breathe" peso explained, "please, let us help" He added. "Hmft, alright then" Aten explained, his British accent sounding very thick. "Very good, everyone follow me" I exclaimed, pointing towards a certain tunnel, having not yet lost my sense of direction.

"Octonauts let's do this"

We swam back through the twists and turns of the cave, "look, there's the entrance" Dusty exclaimed, racing towards the light. Suddenly, the cavern started to shake and some rocks began to fall "Look out" kwazii yelled, grabbing Dusty's tail and pulling back. A cave in of all things. Seeing the dolphins were running low on air "time for a little polar bear strength" I said, pounding my fist into my palm. Swimming towards the rocks blocking the entrance, I growled as I lifted the large boulder, allowing the pod, kwazii and peso to swim through. Hen, all in a day's work for an octonaut

(Peso's pov)
Kwazii and myself followed the dolphins out of the cave, kwazii and I shared a high five but suddenly heard a crash from behind us. The big rock the captain moved had fallen again... but he was nowhere to be seen "captain" I shouted, worried he might be injured. A group of smaller rocks came tumbling towards us, we looked up to see none other than captain barnacles himself, halfway out of a hole that was only just big enough for him to fit through. Kwazii sped towards the bear and offered his paws to him, pulling the captain the rest of the way out with a pop "Thanks for the extra set of paws kwazii" The Captain smiled. "Anytime matey!" Kwazii replied, giving the Captain a fist bump. "Are you alright?" I asked, primarily to the Captain. He nodded and looked like he was about to say something until we heard the sound of an... engine?

"Tweak" the captain exclaimed. "I thought I'd come and lend ya a claw.." she started, extending the gup-D's arm "or two" she added, extending the other, "but it look's like you got it handled". "Hmm" Barnacles hummed, looking back at the wall of collapsed rocks "something like that" he chuckled. The rest of us laughed along with him

"I'm still going to give you a check up when we get back to the octopod captain, I need to make sure the pod isn't hurt either" I explained, swimming up to our brave polar leader. Barnacles glanced between me and the white-sided dolphins with a nod, with this the Captain, kwazii and myself boarded the gup-A and made our way home.

Home sweet octopod.