"Hello, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng! I'm here for Marinette." She gestured for you to come in, so you did very nervously. You took a deep breath calming your nerves. Mrs. Dupain-Cheng called up to Marinette telling her someone was here. "I'm [Y/N]." You introduced yourself, giving both Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng's handshakes.

The two parents eyes slightly widen and a small gasp left their mouths. "Ooh, you're [Y/N]? Marinette has told us about you. She talks about you a lot." You fiddled with your hands in your pockets. "Does she, really?"

Mrs. Dupain-Cheng nodded. "All good things." She winks. Mr. Dupain-Chang then interferes, asking what you both were going to do. "Marinette and I are finalists in the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike 3 Tournament."

"No way! Well, she did learn from the best, Tom style, boo-ya!" You laughed as Tom strikes a pose. "Marinette never told us about this tournament."

"We were just paired up today." You informed.

"Oh, so you were both paired up, huh? Well I hope the two of you have fun." Mrs. Dupain-Cheng smiles at you as Marinette finally comes down the stairs.

"Come up, [Y/N]." Marinette said nervously. You started walking up the stairs turning back towards her parents one last time. "It was very nice meeting you."

You gasped looking around her room. She goes into some sort of defense mode. "What? Is something wrong? Is it dirty? I didn't have enough time cleaning it, sorry." You quickly shook your head, waving your hands dismissively. "No, no, your room is so cool, Marinette. It's not dirty either." You hear her let out a sigh of relief. "Oh- oh thank you."

Her room was mostly pink with a few colorful accents. A lot of fashionable things around her room. There was one thing specifically that caught your attention though; it was a picture of both of you, obviously not taken by neither of you. It was picture of when you were doing her makeup, with your hand of her cheek as she stared at you admiringly. You had to admit, out of context you both definitely looked like a couple.

You decided to pretend like you didn't see it it save you both from embarrassment and walk up to her computer that already had the game set up. She sat in the seat next to you, her hands tucked between her thighs. She just so happened to be reaching for a controller the same time as you, causing you to bump hands. "Sorry." She apologized.

You laughed, grabbing it controller closest to you. She took the other one and you both began playing. There was obvious tension and awkwardness in the air. You glanced at her almost every second before speaking up. "Your parents seem nice."

"Yeah, they are, but sometimes-" she cut herself off reaching behind you to mess with something. From the corner of your eye you see the picture of you that was previously there no longer there. "Sometimes what?" You asked, playing dumb.

There was a knock on Marinette's door and Mr. Dupain-Cheng peaked half his body in holding a trey of croissants. "Everything going good? I thought just in case you wanted something to eat." He held up the trey offering it to you. A big smile grew on your face wanting one of the delicious treats. Marinette looked at the expression on your face, getting up to get the trey from her father. He proud of himself as Marinette places the trey between you two. He then leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

You rubbed your hands together licking your lips. "It must be so nice having bakers as parents, you get to eat amazing sweets all the time." You took of of the croissants off the trey taking a bite of it. It was warm, sweet, and buttery, one of the best croissants you've ever had.

"Yeah... sometimes I bake with them too." You leaned back in your chair, Marinette now taking a croissant of her own. You heard her door open, before you could even look it was quickly shut. "Sometimes my parents are a little nosy." You giggle at her making her look at you confused.