Chapter 10: The Pains of Nostalgia

Start from the beginning

These are the rules she must obey. Rose folded her little vine-legs together and stared at a picture on her wall. It has a picture of her and George on it.

Before you start questioning her picture since cameras didn't exist yet, she time traveled in the past to take a picture of her and George during their happiest time. She reminded the king and queen of the village she used to live at bringing all the peasants over to praise George for his wonderful creation. That creation is Rose.

Rose remembers the looks of awe and admiration on the peasants' faces when they saw her. They looked at her like how modern men look at a model. Rose missed those simple times, back when there was no drama on the internet, no intergalactic wars, no complications and no Huge Gigantacus...

It pains Rose to think of this, but she possibly believes Huge Gigantacus might be responsible for her complicated life. Ever since George passed away unexpectedly by his own hand, Rose had been in a dark place for the longest time in her 500+ years. There was a time when she was as ruthless as her enemy, but that Rose is something the present Rose wants to bury and never dig up again.

Are you thinking about me again?

Rose flinched and looked around.

Over here, genius. 

Rose looked at her mirror. She floated over there and found her reflection to be something different...

"Nec'Rose..." Rose said, frightened at her own reflection, despite it not being accurate in the real world. 

You're thinking about past mistakes, eh? No use dwelling on it if you're not going to let me out.

Rose narrowed her eyes at the mirror. "Never!"

Come on~! I promise I'll only slaughter the midget!

"Lair!" Rose raised her voice at the mirror. "I'd rather be dead!"

The mirror grinned back at her. 

But you don't wanna die. And since you don't want to die, that means I'm still alive for as long as you live.

"Don't make me desperate..." Rose whispered, heavily implying that she might do a repeat of what her creator did those 500+ years ago.

You won't, though. Even though you might be suicidal, you would be leaving all of your 'friends' at the mercy of that midget. But maybe, if you just slit his little throat--

"NO!" Rose yelled. 

How selfish of you, Rosy. I thought you were humble and selfless. You refuse to kill that midget and allow him to continue trying to take over the galaxy. 

"He's not like the others, I can help him." Rose argued.

Really? How about that man you murdered 75 years ago?

"Don't..." Rose growled. "Don't even go there..."

But I will. I'm you, remember? There's no consequence for disobeying you. Anyway, that man wasn't a threat to you or anyone, he had a family and everything, and you ripped his arms off and laughed. You even admit to yourself his screams of agony was music to your non-existent ears!

"That was you, not me!" Rose lied to herself.

Nope. I wasn't born yet, Rosy. That was all you, you killed that man and enjoyed it. You can lie to yourself or use your magic to sweep it under the rug all you want, but there's no denying that you were, or are, a cold blooded killer. You even tried to get rid of that part of you, which led to me!