Huge Gigantacus' Birthday

A short story to celebrate Huge Gigantacus' fifth anniversary. 

VIPs:

Wattreader7389
Tyra_is_day_dreaming
GachaEvery
rosechuck_chuck
RoseTheMagicalFlower

3rd Person P.O.V.

Huge Gigantacus sat down, alone. Iron Boarder had been given a day off, so he was truly alone. The robots are emotionless drones that can only do so much, but they can't provide the same company as a living person. 

He sighed, today was his Birthday. He was exactly five hundred years old. Which may be old, considering. 

He took off his helmet and set it on the table. He was used to being alone, but today hits harder than usual. He knows that this kind of isolation is rather toxic to his health, even though half of his body is metal due to the prosthetic replacements made on his arms, chest and back. 

Huge Gigantacus is smart enough to know that this isn't healthy, but he can't keep up with his mental health and rule the galaxy. One has got to go, and he chose his health. He sometimes envies those he fights, because they all have family or friends to celebrate these occasions. 

Steven has dozens of gems who will support him and love him. And the same can be said about the gems he lives with. But there's all but one, Rose. 

Rose was the one who could possibly understand him. She's been living alone, too, but the difference is that she also has friends on Earth. He doesn't think Rose and him are the same, she could do anything she wants with only slight limits.

He has everything he wants in the galaxy, yet he doesn't feel complete. He wants the same type of security and confidence Rose has. He won't ever admit that to her, of course, she would feel immensely satisfied that she was an 'inspiration' to him. 

Speaking of Rose, he could've sworn he smelled her. That might be weird for him to know what she smells like, but she disperses a type of scent to seduce others. This does not work for him, because he had taken a vaccine to counter her mythical seduction. 

But he probably thought that he had smelled her long enough to have it become stuck in his nose until he became nose blind. However, this was proven false when he saw Rose sitting across from him. 

"Hey there." She purrs.

He folded his arms. He knows very well that if she's able to sneak in here without him knowing, it would be futile to attack when she could just stop him dead now. 

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in your castle, sipping tea?" He asked. 

"I was, until I realized today was your Birthday." She offered him a tea cup. "Happy Birthday, HG." 

He refused. "This doesn't change anything about us." 

"I know, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't help you feel better about yourself." Rose states causally as she poured herself a cup of tea.

Baffled, Huge Gigantacus blushed and put his helmet back on. "Wh-What?!" 

"Come on... it's so obvious. You're so lonely." Rose dropped sugar-cubes  in her tea. "Now, how many drops of sugar would you want in your tea, love?" 

Huge Gigantacus growled. "I don't want your tea..." 

"How about a birthday cake?" She made a cake appear on the table.

The cake was rather tall, white frosting and a ring on top.

Huge Gigantacus raised a brow. "That's a wedding cake."

"Whoops!" Rose blushed. "That's for later." 

"WHAT?!" Huge Gigantacus actually jumped in his chair. 

"I'm joking! I'm joking!" Rose said, replacing the cake with a different one. "It's for an alternative timeline." 

This cake has purple fronting. She used a cake cutter and cut a piece of the cake off to show that the cake flavor is marvel.

"It's marvel..." He said, feeling surprised. 

"Of course. It's your Birthday." She slides the plate over to him. "Well, aren't you going to eat it?" 

He looked at the cake, not sure if he should eat it, or deny it because Rose is his enemy, and he hates her. But he liked the cake, and he wanted, at least, one living person here with him. Instead of accepting it as a gift from the flower, he tried forcing himself to believe that she had poisoned it so she could kill him, which might actually flatter him, if she did that.

Except, he knows that only Nec'Rose would do that, not the original Rose. He used the fork provided to him and picked off a piece of the cake to consume. It felt weird to consume the cake while being watched by his enemy. 

Rose scoots her chair closer to him. Huge Gigantacus sweats bullets. He would probably eat the cake better if she wasn't watching him like a hawk. Huge Gigantacus wiped the frosting off his lips.

"Is it good?" She asked, making him uncomfortable.

"Yes..." He put the fork down. 

"You are knackered?" She asked.

"No..." He shifted in his chair.

"Well, you aren't cheeky, either." She said, displaying some seriousness in her tone.

"This doesn't feel normal..." He said. "We're enemies, we're not supposed to be doing this." 

"That's what you believe." Rose told him. "I think we can be great friends if you tried." 

He took another bite from the cake, picking up his fork and using it to collect another piece off the cake. "We've been at our throats for too long to just drop it now. I can't go back... not after what I've done." 

"Well... whenever you do finally drop your misdeeds, I'll be waiting." Rose said, confidently. 

"Unless you're dead." He grimaced. 

She snickered in amusement. "The day that happens is the day pigs fly." 

Rose floats up off the chair and towards the window.

"I suppose I should excuse myself now. After all, I originally came by just to say happy birthday instead of just giving you a birthday card this year." She opened the window. "I just thought your 500th birthday deserved to be more special than your previous years. I know you couldn't celebrate my 500th birthday because your pride couldn't let you, but i understand."

"Go away..." He turned his chair to the other direction to face away from her. 

After a moment of silence, he felt her kissing the top of his helmet from behind. "Happy Birthday, HG."

Before he could turn around to either scold her or use his freeze ray on her, she was gone. 

"She needs to stop pulling these Batman-disappearing acts..." He sighed.

7/11/2022

Here's a meme I made: