Chapter 8: Unresolved Tension

VIPs:

Wattreader7389
GachaEvery
Tyra_is_day_dreaming
RoseTheMagicalFlower
rosechuck_chuck

3rd Person P.O.V.

Sector Two:

Moonlight and Pink Diamond walked to the town. They landed too far away, and now they're traveling on foot. They can only talk to each other to pass the time. 

"It's kinda funny." Moonlight said, starting up a conversation.

Pink looked at her. "What is?"

"This whole thing." Moonlight responded. "Years ago, I was in a bubble and you were hiding away. We both impacted Steven's life greatly and now, we're together, working to put an end to another villain."

Pink stopped in her tracks. "Villain...?"

"Yeah." Moonlight said, not realizing why Pink stopped. "I know, it's cliche to use that word, but what else do we call that little midget? Enemy? Too bland." 

"You think I was a villain...?" Pink Diamond said, offended that Moonlight called her a generic term for antagonists in TV shows or movies or video games or comic books.

"Well, duh." Moonlight replied obliviously to Pink Diamond's offended tone. "I mean, I know you didn't sink your teeth in his neck, but I think he sometimes wishes you did."

Pink Diamond shoved Moonlight. "We. Are. Not. Equals."

Moonlight looked at Pink Diamond, baffled. "What's going on? I thought this was the part where we laughed because it's all behind us... right?"

"Do not call me a villain..." Pink Diamond growled. "Do not compare me to what you did to him last year!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa..." Moonlight held her hands up. "I was just stating the obvious for a punch line I was thinking of." 

"THIS ISN'T A JOKE!" Pink Diamond yelled, her pink aura shining.

"Wait... you think you were not a villain?" Moonlight finally understood. "You definitely were."

"No I wasn't..." Pink Diamond hisses at her. "I never broke Steven's back. Or referred to him as a toy. Or left permanent scarring on his neck!"

"But you did worse...' Moonlight spoke up. 

"Worse?! WHAT'S WORSE THAN YOU?!" Pink exasperated. 

"You." Moonlight pointed at Pink. "Everything that ever happened was because of you." Moonlight towered over Pink, reminding her that she's taller than her. "You ran away from Homeworld and painted a huge target on the Earth when you started the whole 'Rose Quartz' facade. Then, you got a little boy involved in a war and you ran away, and watched as he went through what YOU should've gone through. All the while you brainwashed your pearl into never speaking out something that could've prevented all the pain and suffering until Steven had to break it for her. Countless were shattered because of your decision to hide who you really were, and all you cared about was owning a planet full of intelligent creatures. You viewed them like amusing toys. Speaking of toys, you left your friend behind like a broken toy, and she came back to take her anger out on someone YOU brought into the war. Then, he had to fight another war, and you STILL hid. Not coming out until he finished that war. At least when I was a problem, I was straightforward with what my true intentions were. Granted, I was more physical than you, but I never put Steven through what you put him through."