chapter 53

Author's POV

"Lisa?" Lisa turn to look at the person and was surprised when she saw Somi.

"Somi? What are you doing here?" Lisa ask pulling away from Jennie embrace and walk to Somi. Leaving the latter aching heart.

"I was invited here too. I didn't know you would be here, I should be your date." Somi said and playfully slap Lisa's chest that made Lisa laugh lightly before giving Somi a tight hug and kiss on the forehead.

Somi look at Jennie and saw the pain in her eyes that made her smirk and hug Lisa longer. Jennie then let out a scuffed and look away, not wanting to witness anything and internally soothing her breaking heart.

"I have something to tell you." Somi whispered to Lisa who nodded in response.

Jisoo who saw everything shake her head and decided to break the tension. She cleared her throat that made Lisa and Somi broke off the hug. Lisa's body tensed when she saw the girls giving her dagger looks and friends who look nervous. She then look at Jennie who not looking at them.

"Oh ahmm Somi they're our business partners. Ms. I'm Nayeon, Ms. Bae Irene, Ms. Myoui Mina, Ms. Minatozaki Sana, Ms. Park Rosé and Ms. Kim Jennie and this is Somi my s-"

"Her special someone." Somi said cutting Lisa off and greet everyone with handshake and stop at Jennie.

"You must be Jennie Kim? I heard so much about you." Somi said and extended her hand to Jennie who pull off her fake smile and accept Somi's hand.

"Good thing I hope." Jennie said.

"It is." Somi said then take a glance at Lisa who nervously scratching her nape. Jennie saw it and quickly pull out her hand. Lisa's friends who feel the tension were holding their breath afraid that the girls would snap at them if they even breath.

" Somi you said you want to tell me something?" Lisa ask that made Somi to cling to her.

"Yes and in private please." Somi said. Lisa then look at her friends who nodded their head.

"Excuse us ladies." She said and walk out with Somi.

Jennie POV

I heard my heart break as I watch Lisa and Somi walk out from the function hall. What they going to do? What are they going to talk about? I want to know but I don't have the rights to interfer with Lisa's business anymore. I was cut off my thoughts when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Jen, you okay?" Rosé ask which earned a nod and smile from me.

"Alright I'mma get my food then, Jisoo come with me." Rosé said and drag Jisoo away from her friends. Just when did they become close again?

I look at my friends whose having their own world with their partners. Like Sana talking animatedly while clinging to Tzuyu arms who's aggreing to whatever Sana said. Jeongyeon and Nayeon who's beckering about Jeongyeon 'demon's eyes' (according to Nayeon) that keep lurking for its next prey. Suelgi and Irene the calm couple tonight that were enjoying their bottle of wine. Lastly cubby and Mina that are talking shyly to each other. I pouted when i realize their getting pretty close to each other now.

"Guys I'll just use the restroom." I said

"You want me to accompany you Jen?" Nayeon ask while her right hand were on Jeongyeon's mouth  stopping her from talking, who look pissed. This couple really.

"Nah Its okay." I said and made my way to the restroom.

I remember what happened after the dance, I was so ready to tell her 'i love you' and I don't care if she won't love me back. I just really want to tell her what I feel for her. Im so done being a coward and be a puppet of my father, I want to stand on my own and love whoever I want.