Chapter 4

VEGAS POV

I woke up again without anybody else besides me, not even Macau or the nurse who supposedly looks after me.

Is this the payment for all the things that I've done in my life? What about Pete? How about that day he told me he is hungry? Is there anyone who's feeding him now? Does he mean what he said before? Why is he not here then? Or that's also a lie?

Now there are so many questions that are running through my mind that I can't even answer.

Why do they need to put me in this nice room if no one's gonna look after me? Why they didn't let me die that day if I'm going to be all alone like this?

What I said to Pete before was true. That I have nothing left for me, that no one wants to be with me, not even Macau.

The pain inside my heart is unbearable that I want to stab it so I don't feel the pain anymore.

My tears are gushing like a waterfall thinking of everything now.

I'm starting to hate and blame myself for everything I've done in the past.

The only man that I wanted to see now is Pete. I missed him so much. But now he's also gone from my life.

"He doesn't really like you, he hated you. Because you fucking hurt him." I mumbled scolding and hitting myself at the same time.

"What are you doing Vegas?" even his voice, I can hear them now.

Then a hand caresses my face.

I remember that hand I used to hold before.

So I closed my eyes and feel that familiar hand on my face.

"If only he is real", I whispered " if this is a dream, I don't wanna wake up," I continue sobbing.

Then I heard his voice again. "Look at me please, you're not dreaming" I heard him again and now he is wiping the tears that come down from my face.

I opened my eyes slowly and hoped that he is really in front of me now.

After seeing him, I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Why are you crying this much?" he asked me with a warm voice while caressing my back.

I didn't answer him because I have now a lump in my throat that forbids me to talk.

I cried my heart out until there is no more tears that comes out from my eyes.

"I miss you," I heard him whisper to my ears still hugging me.

I thought I don't have any tears left in me anymore but after hearing those words from him, my tears came falling once again.

"I m...issed y....ou so m...uch" I told him between sobbing while hugging him so tightly.

"Vegas your wound," he tried to push me a little bit but I didn't let go of him.

"I don't care, let's stay like this for a while," I murmured to his neck sniffing his scent that makes me feel comfortable
.

After a while, I finally let him go with our hug. And I can also see that there is a tint of blood on my shirt now.

I can feel my wounds, they start to get stung from the inside.

"I will go ask for gauge and medicine so I can clean your wound," he said smiling but I held his hand to stop him from doing that.

"Don't leave me please?" I pleaded to him looking into his eyes longingly.

"I'm not..." said Pete but got interrupted by someone.

"He can't go anywhere else now, or you want him to die." said the other voice.

I'm not really expecting to hear that voice now.

"Vince I told you don't come here and you said yes. What are you doing here now?" now Pete was glaring at my twin.

"Vince? you're such a liar," I said glaring at him too.

"It's not my fault he believes me when I told him that my name is Vince." now his defending himself, sitting on the couch near my bed.

"So you are not Vince? And how about the rest of the story you told me are they all lies too?" Pete looks so confused and disappointed at the same time.

"Jeez I only lied some to you, the rest was all true," he explain himself.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Pete raised his voice and started to get angry.

I can feel Pete's anger because I can see his hands were trembling. So I took a hold of them to try to comfort him.

"Nothing is wrong with me, I'm just helping Vegas here, why not just say thank you for all the help I did to you and him?" he arrogantly answer back.

"Velas enough," I said sternly and I can feel some of my wounds they are getting more painful because of the forced movement I did earlier.

"And one thing, Prim is giving birth to your baby brother. What are you going to do about it?" he informed us seriously

Why does he need to remind me of that name now, he's ruining my mood.

I'm happy to see Pete once again but now my mood changes real quick.

"He is also your brother, you stupid." I heard Pete whisper next to me.

"I don't care about them," I said uninterested at all.

I don't want to get involved with the woman of my father. Because I fucking hate them all.

"I'll go get medicine for you," Pete said concerned after checking my wounds.

"Just call the nurse to patch it, you don't need to do it," I said shyly because I don't want to bother him.

"No I will do it for you, and besides they are not here anymore," he answered again smiling.

And that makes me confused and ask him "Why?"

"Because he wants to look after you 24/7," Velas proudly said grinning at us.

I don't know why I smiled at my twin after saying those words.

So Pete wants to be with me 24/7 is that right?

I feel so flattered knowing that he will take care of me now.

"Can you just please get out, I'm so done with you," Petes look so pissed off at my twin, I can see that they are not on good terms. And that's fine with me because I want Pete to only stick with me now.

"Okey fine, I know you want to kiss him and everything." I know my twin was teasing him again because he is like that.

Even if we didn't grow up together, I can feel that he is kind of an annoying person.

I look back at Pete and now his face is turning red, especially his ears.

I don't know if it's because of his anger or just being shy about my twin's statement.

"Don't wait till I lose my shit or else I'm going to rip your head off," Pete burst out.

"That's so scary" my twins pretending to shiver while smiling at him.

"Velas just go," I pleaded because I can see that Petes in not joking anymore.

Any minute he will do something that he will regret later, and I know that.

After that, he followed what I said but before he left.

"Let's talk after your mini reunion with your lover," he said to me seriously.

I just nodded because I know we are going to have a long conversation after this. But for now, I want to enjoy being pampered by Pete.

📢 I'm going to write a smut part on this book. But if you ever don't like it you can skip it. I will put a warning sign or Chapter S on it so you will know when to stop reading.

Hope you like Vegas crazy twin brother... 😁