Chapter 3

PETE'S POV

"How did you know that I'm not him?" he asked me after our deal.

"I know" I answered him in a very low tone, like forcing myself to answer him.

I don't want to tell him that every time I was holding the real Vegas, I have these butterflies in my stomach. And when I looked into his eyes, there is something inside me that I don't know how to explain.

"Okey then let me introduce you myself," he announced and stand up in front of me in a serious manner.

"My name is Vince Chang,"

"Chang?" I repeated, it sounds suspicious to me, but okay let me hear him first I guess.

"Yeah, I changed my real name when I'm at the right age already. I don't really wanna change my real name Vener before. But after knowing what's happening to my twin and Macau, I decided to change it for the better, because I hate those Theerapanyakul family," he said casually in a way that he doesn't care at all what he was saying.

I don't know whether to believe him or not because of his actions.

"How come the main family doesn't know about you?" I asked him but I need to look confused, but the truth is, I'm doubting all his words.

"Korn and Khan, they know about my existence. But Kinn, Takhun, and Kim didn't have any idea that Vegas has a twin," now he looks so excited about mentioning his cousin.

"But why they are not after you then, when Mr. Khan was alive?" I hesitated the last word, and now I'm also confused about what he was trying to tell me.

I don't know if I'm going to believe him or not. It's not easy to trust people, especially if we just met not a long hour ago.

"My mom hides me when she gave birth to us, she only said that she gave birth to only one son. But the truth is, Vegas has a twin. But you know Theerapanyakul family is smart but not as clever as me though," then he grins after continuing "They found out about me when I was already Vince Chang. They convinced me to live with their family to become one of their family members, but I refused. Why do I need to? I'm fucking rich like them, I told them that I hated them all, that I don't want to be related to their fucking family. After that they treated me as one of their enemies." he said gritting his teeth angrily. His face is evidence that he really hated his family.

His eyes are showing emotions of hurt, anger, and disgust.

"Does Vegas know about you as well?" I muttered

"Yeah, I think Khan didn't hide me from them. We meet one time though, and I convinced him to leave that fucking family but he loves Khan too much. That stupid guy." he said sadly and disappointed at the same time.

"So what happened to both of you? Why is he saying that everyone left him if you are here and Macau?" Now I'm getting interested in them.

"Arrrgghhh, why do I need to explain everything to you," he said frustrated, and wash his face with his hands leaning on the sofa.

"Take me to him and I will ask him then," I answered back at him.

"He is not even awake, how are you going to talk to him?" Now why does he look so angry at me, I should be the one who's getting mad here.

"When is he going to wake up?" I answer him rudely again because I don't feel like being friendly to him, even if he told me some of his lies, I mean story.

"In a day or two probably, not really sure," he mumbled unsurely.

"Why don't you tell me everything now then?" I didn't even change the way I talk to him, I'm still mad at him, no, I'm furious at him, but I need to calm down for the sake of Vegas.

"I don't want to, asked Vegas when he woke up," he answered annoyed.

"But I want to hear your side first," I asked nicely this time, just in case he will tell more about him and Vegas.

A long silence can be from us before he started his story again.

I thought he was not going to tell me, but he started telling me his side of the story.

"I don't know what Khan told them before. But when I try to reach them out again, they are both angry with me. It's good that he die already now. I hate that man so much in my whole existence. Even if he is the reason why I am here now." He said very seriously

"But why did you know what happened to them now?" I ask him again, if not about the confrontation. I am not going to meet his twin, and help us now. But I'm not really sure if I can trust him or not. I'm still doubting him

"That's your last question for today because I'm tired," he said looking bored as always.

"Okey, just tell me then,"

He took a deep breath before answering me.
"He called me before the confrontation. That was the first time he called me since the last day we met. He asked me that if something happened to Khan and him, I can take Macau with me. And you also, I don't know what's your relationship to him, all I know is he tortured you," then he give me a sly smirk after saying the last word.

My face turns red after that so I move my face to the other side so he will not notice that I am blushing.

"How did you know?" I whispered embarrassedly.

"I have my men working for me, from the main and minor family," he whispered to my ear then walked to his bed.

What the hell I shouted in my head. Furrowing my eyebrows thinking who are they? But at the same time, I'm having goosebumps all over me because why does he need to whisper in my ear?

"Can you tell me who are they?" I asked, I hope he can trust me and tell me who are those people.

"Why do I need to tell you? Remember I don't trust you, and if you ever side with them again. You know where you're going to end up," he said smiling creepily.

I'm not recovered from having goosebumps earlier, but here I am having goosebumps all over me again because of his last sentence.

Before, I don't care if they killed me, but now I'm so scared thinking about it.

I touch my heart because it started clinching about thinking of leaving Vegas. I don't wanna leave him yet, not now that I want to be with him.

I flinched when I heard his phone ring. Because my mind was occupied with Vegas again. I really missed him that much. I wanted to see him and even hug him or more than that.

I want to be with him now.

"Okay, did he talk?" I heard Vince ask on the phone.

"Really? Don't kill him yet and wait for me. Okay, just update me on what was happening there."

Then he turns off his phone.

"You want to know who is behind it?" he asked me and not even sparing a glance at my side still busy typing on his phone.

"What do you mean?" I asked not really minding what he is saying.

"The one who wants Vegas in the grave?"

"Who?" I asked immediately when I heard Vegas name.

"Guess who?" he said grinning at me, and I don't like that kind of smile at all.

"Just tell me okay," I said starting to get anxious and my voice went higher this time.

"It's your friend, Porsche"

Let me know your opinion about this chapter, please.....