Chapter 1

PETE'S

I can feel my eyes closing again while watching Vegas unconscious body on the bed. So I put my head on the bed near his hand to take a rest for a bit.

Today is the third day since the confrontation between the main and minor family happened.

Since that day I didn't sleep properly because I'm still shocked by what happened to Vegas.

And the apparatus that they put on him still scares me when it keeps on beeping. The doctor even said that he is still in danger because some of his body organs are not responding to the medicine they shot at him.

And that scares me.

"P' Pete why not just go home first and have some rest, I can look after him," Macau said while lying on the sofa bed.

He was with me since day one in the hospital. We cried together when he was still in the operating room, we thought we will lose him that day.

We are still nervous because the doctor can't say which day he will wake up. He just said that we need to wait until he will wake up by himself.

"I'm okay Macau, it's you that needs to go home, you still have classes to attend too. I can look after you brother," I answered him yawning.

"No you go first P', then when you come back I will promise to go home " he pleaded.

I don't know how to tell him that I already resigned from my work. And I can't tell him that I'm embarrassed to go back to the main family now.

What are they going to say to me when they saw me again there?

The clothes I've been wearing since day one was Vegas shirt. Pol has an injury and Arm can't come because they are still busy disposing of all the corpses and fixing everything. 

No one in the main family came yet to visit us yet, they just give us a phone call and that's all.

"I'm okay Macau," I said smiling at him, and I hope he will not notice that I am faking it.

"P' I heard you resigned from the main family because of my brother," he said again and sat up straight and look at me with pity.

Why does he need to say that? my mind said.

"So you love him huh?" now he is teasing me and I'm starting to get blush.

"If you want you can go home, I will ask Nop to take you. You can use one of the guest rooms or my brothers' room if you want to,"

"You trust me that quickly?" I asked him with shock, I can't believe he will say that to me.

He doesn't even know me fully yet, and he is asking me to go to their house now.

"Why not, you choose to be with my brother over the main family"

"But"

"Just go P', P'Vegas will not wake yet even if we want to, and you know that," he said sadly while looking at his brother.

"Okey" after answering him, he quickly went outside to call Nop and tell him to take me to the minor house.

I told Nop that I'm gonna use the guest room instead of Vegas, because I know I will miss him more if I'm going to sleep in his bed.

One pillow and his clothes are more than enough for me now to snuggle up.

I hope he will wake up soon so I can hug him as I do to his pillow.

I really missed him.

My body felt so relaxed after lying down in the comfy bed. That I quickly fell asleep after that, because of the tiredness from the previous event.

I didn't know that I fell asleep for more than 15 hours.

I got up quickly have some breakfast and went to the hospital with Nop.

But before that, some of their bodyguards look at me like I'm prey.

But thanks to Nop, they didn't do anything to me.

Who would think that the bodyguard they captured before for stealing information from their boss is now freely roaming around their households as if nothing happened?

In the car, I have this uneasy feeling I don't know how to explain.

"Nop, did Macau call you when I was asleep?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah, he said everything is fine," he told me.

"You mean Vegas is fine now? When is he going to wake up? Why you didn't wake me up?" now I bombarded him with questions.

"Easy, with the questions," he said shaking his head.

"You can check on him when we get there. And I told Macau that he can go home before we left the house," he said still focusing on the road.

"Whose with him if Macau is not there?" I asked him confused and now I'm feeling agitated.

Why did they leave him there without anyone?

"Someone is looking after him"

"Who is that someone?" my voice gets higher for a bit and now I'm getting anxious about what he said.

"Don't worry Pete, no one is going to touch him there" he reassured me.

"Just hurry up and drive, I wanna see him" I command him and after that, I didn't talk to him till we reach the hospital.

I hurriedly went to Vegas after that, I need to keep walking and running till I reach his door.

My eyebrows furrowed upon seeing the guy guarding him.

It's a new guy, and he didn't let me in after trying to open the door.

It's good that Nop came and he gestured to the guy to let me in.

But I didn't expect what awaits me after opening the door.

Vegas is stretching out his body with big headphones in his ears wearing the hospital gown. And he doesn't have any IV or apparatus in his body while doing that.

What the hell is happening, I ask myself shocked.

I scratch my eyes maybe I'm just hallucinating but no, I can see him swaying his body with the music he was listening to in his headphone.

I closed the door and run to him.

I quickly hug him because I can't still believe that he is okay now. But with that hug, I suddenly stopped and pushed him.

I look at the guy in the eyes so intently.

He removed his headphones and looked at me shocked.

"Who are you?" I asked him with confusion

He showed me his fake smile.

I pulled him to his collar and angrily asked him again who is he.

"Hey easy, let me just go to the toilet, and let's talk after," he said tapping my hands and looking at me disgusted.

"Easy you said? Who the hell are you?  Where is Vegas? Why are you wearing his face?" I shouted at him angrily and pushed him till we reach the wall.

"Nah, I'm not talking to you till you cool down man," he said casually while pushing my hand away from him.

After he gets out of my grip, he walks inside the bathroom and leaves me there as if nothing happens.

Now I was wondering who was that guy I just saw.

Welcome to my new VegasPete Fanfiction 😁😁😁