{37}

𝐽𝑎'𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑛 𝐾𝑦𝑟𝑖𝑒 𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑠Baton Rouge, LouisianaSouthern University and A&M CollegeMarch ~ Days later{20}

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Southern University and A&M College
March ~ Days later
{20}

When I grow up I wanna be a star
-Kyrie

"I guess dreams do come true when you work hard for what you want". I chuckled to myself shaking my head sticking the paper that I wrote when I was seven back in my bookbag.

A few days ago

"and that'll do it. our live broadcast comes to an end with a score of Southern University- 62 and University of Louisville-82". The announcer stated as the stadium begin to empty out.

"This isn't the end for Ja'Marlon Thomas.  I would say this has been a great season for him despite the lost. He's number 1 in the nation in points and assists and has moved to the top 28 player of the year". Another announcer said.

"yes definitely, if people think this was the end for him. It isn't, he still has a while to go. Finishing his last game this season with 32points 7assists and four rebounds that's a way to go out".

"Hey mama". Kyrie chuckled, he couldn't act as if he wasn't hurt by the lost and the end of his season but at the end of the day he was more than grateful to even be able to experience him because it's bigger than basketball to him.

He was blessed to just be able to be here and play on this level, and the amount of accomplishments he's gotten in his first year really speaks for him.

"I'm so proud of you baby". Carla spoke with a smile, hugging her son and embracing his presence, nobody could be more prouder. She felt she raised an amazing kid and he does everything to show her that her hard work paid off.

"thanks ma". Kyrie replied dapping his dad up as he gave him a congratulations on making it this far. He was more than happy to see his family here by his side supporting him no matter if it was a win or lost.

Moving to first person Pov.

"Hey grandma". I smiled giving her a hug, "hey baby. you played good out there, you know we still love you and support you the same no matter what happens out there". She explained as I nodded.

"I know grandma, I love y'all too". I replied, after catching up with majority of my family they headed back to the Airbnb's that they were staying in since it was so many of them.

After getting settled I seen Kaydence send me a message congratulating me on a great season and everything I've done this season, as much as I wished she was there to cheer me on I understand people have there own things they need to tend to.