{26}

Kaydence Naomii HicksBaton Rouge, LouisianaSouthern University and A&M CollegeDecember 16th{20}

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Southern University and A&M College
December 16th
{20}

"Mom I know.. I've spent the last 19 birthdays at home with the family". I expressed sighing, today was my last day here in Louisiana until the semester break is over, and I was on the phone with my mother telling her that I simply won't be coming home today for my birthday.

"But you always come home buttercup, it's like a traditional". She fussed as I rolled my eyes shuffling around my room.

"Mama it's not a tradition". I chuckled, "I'm pretty sure you have enough company at home. I don't wanna spend my birthday in a chaotic household". I added making her sigh.

"This is your family Kaydence, whether you like it or not these people are gonna be around, especially during holidays. So I don't understand why you're acting brand new to this". She explained.

"Mama, I'm not acting brand new, and I love my family but for one it's too many of them staying in your house for these holiday's. I get that's how it was at grammys, but it's not the same".

"Plus their barely close to my age, so it's not like I'll have any fun". I mumbled aggravated because I was ready to dead this whole issue, because I'd just have to deal with everyone when I get home anyways.

"Whatever Kaydence, you know everybody here loves you and would do anything to make your birthday special". She told me.

"Well that's too bad, cause I'm not there. I'll see you tomorrow". I spoke fastly before hanging up.

I was doing some last minute packing, I was more than sad to be leaving because Southern had became my home. From my friends, to the people I dance with, my coach I'd miss them.

I know it's only like two- three weeks but still, that's a long time away from everyone and more time around people I just rather not be around.

This was always the sad part about college for me, leaving. Even my freshmen year, I was cool with coming home on holidays.. because that meant I can come back but when the summer break came along I cried, I literally wanted to stay.

"Kaydence are you fucking deaf"? Cammie asked with a attitude, "I'm sorry.. I was thinking about something, wassup"? I asked coming out the room.

Kasey and Cammie had got me a lot of stuff from bath& body works basket and a card, which was all I needed that was really my happiness.

"Happy birthday best". Kasey hugged me as I smiled, "thank you, this is so cute". I spoke referring to the basket.

"Happy birthday sister girl". Cammie smiled as she hugged me, "thank y'all so much".'I cheesed.

"So what you doing today birthday girl"? Cammie asked, "um, I really didn't plan anything.. y'all down to go to a party or something? Get drunk"? I asked as they nodded.