{11}

𝐽𝑎'𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑛 𝐾𝑦𝑟𝑖𝑒 𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑠Baton Rouge, LouisianaSouthern University and A&M CollegeNovember{19}

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Southern University and A&M College
November
{19}

"What I say mama"? I furrowed my eyebrows as I read the same message I got from my dad last night over and over, I was a bit in shock and disbelief because anybody who knew me knew how big I was on family.

"well do you want him in your life"? She spoke looking at me in the camera, we had been on the phone for a few minutes and I finally decided to bring up the text message.

It was not a secret that my mama still loved my dad,
I mean I could see it and I could tell. So maybe me and him getting on one accord can give my mama what she deserved, because I do want her to be happy.

"Kyrie is that what you want, do you want your dad in your life"? She asked again snapping me out my thoughts.

"I think I do". I mumbled, I was a bit on the unsure side but I was very overwhelmed and happy on the inside but I really didn't know, and the only thing I could do was hope for the best.

"Baby you have to know, either you want him in your life or don't". She replied as I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

"It's okay baby, it's okay to be frustrated and unsure okay. Let's not stress this more than we have too". She coached me.

I was running on hella emotions, and really I was so use to my mom just being right beside me telling me my next step, and lately I've just been missing my mom a lot more than usual.

"Okay mama, I um I want him in my life". I finally confessed, I felt so weak and vulnerable when I spoke about how much I wanted my dad around because some people could just get over it like it was nothing but I couldn't.

"Okay Kyrie, and it's nothing wrong with that, okay? I know it's hard and I know it's something you are not use to. so the first step is responding to him and telling him you're willing to talk". She commented and I texted exactly what she said.

"I did". I mumbled, "you okay"? She asked me.

"I think I am, I'm just scared of a response". I chuckled nervously.

"just be calm baby, if he doesn't text back by time we get off the phone you can always call me back, you know it's not a big deal". She reassured me as I nodded turning dnd on.

"Mama you think he gone come back and stay for good"? I questioned as she sighed.

"I won't tell you yes or no because people can be unpredictable and I won't get your hopes up, BUT I do have high hopes that Josiah is serious so, but Ima let him show you that". She explained as I nodded.

"Thanks mama, i love you". I smiled as she smiled as well.

"I love you more baby". She responded.

...