He started chuckling "Alonzo has a bit of a temper, I'm still working on it with him"

"So just a businessman"

"Just a businessman, la mia Aurora"

"Good" I smiled "No wife either?" I shook my head realizing I never thought about that.

"No wife, no secrets Aurora"

"Good" I smiled. "I'm glad"

"Aurora, I know this may seem forward and maybe a bit fast but I do like you. Though it's only been a few days since I first met you, I want to see where things will go between us."

"I would like that a lot Matteo"

"Good, I'm glad" He said.

"I uh, I'm going to go over my auntie's I'll let you know when I get there"

"Are you going to drive?"

"Yeah, I feel fine enough"

"Aurora" He said in disaprovement.

"I'm fine Matteo" I laughed it off "Promise"

"Last time you drove is when I found you outside your house, I don't want that to happen again. At least catch a uber for me, I don't need you straining yourself."

"Fine, I will. Since it bothers you so much"

He chuckled "Thank you Aurora"

"Mommy!" Enya came running up to me and hugging me "I thought you were coming on Friday"

"I just wanted to see my favorite girl" I kissed her head "I missed you"

"I missed you too" She leaned closer to me "I heard you had a date"

I looked up at my auntie who looked away and walked into the kitchen "Enya you ready for dinner?"

I stood up going over to my auntie "Asia told you about my date?"

"Mhm and it's no reason I should be hearing it from her and not you"

"It's no reason yall should be talking about my dating life."

"Lord knows the last time you been with somebody" She said lowly "It'll be good for you"

I crossed my arms "It hasn't been that long" She gave me a look and I looked away rolling my eyes "I don't have time for dating auntie, I have Enya to focus on and dating just isn't on my priorty list"

"Well whoever this man is, I'm gonna send him a damn gift basket. Asia said you look like a damn school girl whenever you talk to him"

My phone went off and I pulled it out of my pocket, I immediately smiled when I saw Matteo had texted me.

Did you make it safely?

I did, sorry for not texting you when I got here. Got distracted.

No need to apologize bellissima, just wanted to make sure you were okay.

"Jesus child relax" My auntie said laughing "I ain't seen you smile that hard since you got your degree"

I put my phone away "He's a real gentleman auntie, I'm excited for our date"

"I can tell, If you were a few shades lighter you'd be red as hell."

I sat down at the dinner table and put my head in my hand "He's sweet, he listens to me, and doesn't get weirded out by my rambling-"

"Really?"

"Mhm" I smiled "He said it was cute"

"Cute?" She laughed and grabbed a plate, she turned back around looking at me "Oh my goodness"

"What?"

"You got your necklace back"

"Yeah, he found them for me." I went in my purse pulling out Enya's necklace "That reminds me-"

"He found your necklace's? How in the hell did he do that?"

"I don't know and I don't care. After that I folded like a piece of paper"

"Well shit I would have too" She laughed "How'd you two meet?"

I scratched the back of my neck "About that-"

"Aurora, how did you meet that man?"

"He's Alonzo's dad"

"Alonzo? Who the hell is Alonzo?" She paused then looked at me "The damn gansters dad" She whispered yelled at me "Really Aurora?"

"They're not gansters auntie. Alonzo runs a Casino and his dad has a-" I paused "He runs a business"

"Yeah? What business?"

"I haven't asked him but he promised me he wasn't in anything illegal. I made it clear to him that I didn't want anything to do with him if he was"

She shook her head "Yo parents raised you better than that Aurora King. You know better"

I blew out a breath "He hasn't gave me any reason to believe he's lying. I'll talk to him more about it at dinner. If i find out he's lying I'll leave him alone." I shook my head "But I trust him, I like him too, alot"

"Alot huh?"

I nodded my head "It kind of feels primal. You know how you meet somebody and you just know?"

She gave me a look and shook her head "Don't use primal Aurora, it's not a good word"

"Thats what you caught from that?" I chuckled

"How even old is this man? Alonzo looked around your age" She gave me disapproving look.

"46" I said lowly

"What you say? Speak up Aurora"

"He's 46"

"4-46!" She whisper yelled at me "He's 20 years older than you Aurora!"

I looked away rolling my eyes so she didn't see me "I know auntie"

I wasn't going to tell her it was one of the things I liked about him.