Bonus Chapter-Matteo struggles with retirement

2 years after Gabriel's death.

Aurora

"Baby you don't look so well" I looked at Matteo and he just shook his head.

"I'm fine," he said sitting down on the bed.

I knelt in front of him and laid my head in his lap looking up at him "Well you haven't stopped working and we just came from Russia now we're in the Italy heat. You might be catching a cold"

"I don't get sick Aurora" He looked at me like I was crazy "Never. Not once"

"I feel like you've been trying to keep busy since you 'gave' Alonzo the reigns," I said while putting quotations around the word gave.

Matteo was a workaholic, while he still had the hotel businesses to worry about he had a lot more free time. Unfortunately, he didn't know how to relax for the life of him. Matteo was a control freak. Alonzo had called me multiple times about Matteo going against him after Alonzo had done something. Which wasn't a good look for Alonzo. Especially since he was still new at this.

Enya's mind was still gone so she was still in America with my dads. She always called but she just wasn't the same. Her eyes were dull even though she smiled, her smile never fully reached her eyes like they used to. I didn't expect her to bounce back to our little Enya but it had been 2 years and I was starting to get worried.

"I haven't been in his business in days Aurora," he said shaking his head and stood up making me lean back.

"Right days, when you gave him the business last year, and the only reason why you weren't in his business is because I dragged you to Russia with me"

"I don't want to hear your logic right now Aurora" He waved me off and started taking his shirt off "Are you hungry?"

"No" I laughed "Stop trying to do stuff and just come lay with your wife" I held my hands out "Pick me up. I want some attention"

"You want to go downstairs?" He came over grabbing my hands and pulling me up.

"No I want to be in the room we're barely in. Plus if we go downstairs you're going to find something to do and uncle saif is just as bad as you at keeping busy. Unless a newspaper is in his hand"

"We should go see Enya-"

"Oh my god Matteo Mostafa" I banged my head against his chest "Would you just chill out? If you don't I swear I'm going to let Asia stay over here for a week"

He rolled his eyes and sat down on the bed "There. Are you happy?"

"Do you want to argue?" I crossed my arms looking at him.

He pulled me in his lap and I wrapped my legs around him "I'm sorry" he said and gave me a gentle kiss then started kissing my neck.

I pushed him back "No sex either-"

"Alright that's enough" he moved me off of him and I bounced landing on the bed.

"You asshole" I laughed "Matteo come on. Just lay down and watch supernatural with me. Plus if you are getting sick then you resting is going to help"

"I don't get sick Aurora. I just told you that"

"Right, you just get shot at and stabbed I forgot" I rolled my eyes "Fine. Go be busy but just know I'm pissed, and I'm not taking care of you when you do get sick" I said getting in the bed and pulling the cover over me.

"Do you want to go shopping?"

"Yes, let me get my shoes" I got out the bed and ran to the closet.