57

Aurora

"You cannot do that Aurora" Matteo scolded me. "I can't protect you if you just run off without telling me where you're going," He said frustrated.

"My dad wouldn't have sent me if knew it wasn't safe, he knew Marco wouldn't hurt me." I looked at him watching him brush me off "So how long were you listening?"

"Long enough, the only other person who makes him act like that is Laila" He chuckled

"Why can't he admit he actually loves people? I feel like it would be a lot easier to convince Babu to let him live if he knew that. Especially with how my mom is right now."

"Speaking of Babu, he's here. Well at the house, I had to sneak out. If he found out you were around Marco he would kill me"

"No, he wouldn't," I thought about Marco's hand then looked at Matteo's "We should go, I love your hands"

"What does that mean?"

"Is she doing any better?" I asked my uncle.

I looked into the window of the room and saw my grandpa was in the room with her now, they wanted us to go in one at a time and give her time. Slowly introduce her back to people. She was sitting up and didn't seem to be freaking out so that was a good sign.

"She is, she slips in and out but is better. We think her seeing Brandon will help, but she's better. That's a good thing."

I nodded my head "Has she asked about me?" Matteo wrapped his arm around me and I laid my head on his chest. I wanted to keep my composure with the situation but at the same time just run to her and force her to focus, to remember me. To realize she wasn't with Marco anymore but safe with her family.

"A few times, we tried telling her about you but she got a bit violent again"

"She was protecting me. When I found her she tried fighting me and was screaming 'stay away from her'." I started biting my nail and Matteo pulled my hand away "I don't want to trigger her"

"She'll be fine" He sighed "She will."

"Do you think seeing Enya will help? Or Asia?" I looked at my uncle. "We have to show her she's not with Marco anymore"

"Asia would probably work best then," Matteo said "We don't know what Marco said or did to her"

"Fuck" I mumbled to myself.

"What?" My uncle looked up at me.

"I have to go check on my dad. Can you get Asia and Enya here? See if that helps?"

Matteo looked down at me "Oh"

I looked up at him "'Oh'?"

My uncle looked at the two of us weirdly "I'll call Asia" he pulled out his phone "If you guys are trying to be discreet about having sex just go" he waved us off "You two hump like monkeys and haven't seen each other for a week."

"We're not-"

"That's exactly what we're doing" I grabbed Matteo's hand "Well be back later" I pulled Matteo away and walked down the hallway back to the main room.

"What was that?"

"I want to know what he said to her. Maybe it'll help?" I looked at him confused "Baby are you okay? You seem off"

"I feel off. Weird" he pinched the bridge of his nose "I think I just need some rest."

"You didn't get much last night?"

"Just a few hours, I planned on getting more but felt an empty bed" he looked at me and I just rolled my eyes "Come on, let's go see Brandon. I need to talk to him also."