22

Matteo

I opened the door to my hotel room while holding my phone to my ear "Yes Alonzo?"

"When are you coming back?" I heard loud music and then a door shut.

"I'll be back Monday. Where are you?"

"Brazil. I just got here last night. I really like it here"

"Good, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Just be careful Alonzo"

He chuckled "I am. I am. I should say the same thing about you. I heard about Marco."

I sighed taking off my jacket and laying it across the chair "He wants a reaction, he knows Michael has his location and needs to know what to do next. I doubt he'll come after you and I know for sure he won't go after Aurora or Enya"

"And mom?"

"He only went after her because she helped Laila"

"Are you going to kill him?"

I sighed "Alonzo, is there something else you wanted to talk about?"

"You aren't are you? Because he's Aurora's dad"

"Alonzo, I haven't fucking decided okay?" I said getting frustrated with him. I heard a knock at the door and ran my hand through my hair. I walked over to the door and looked through the peephole seeing it was Tina. "Alonzo I'll call you back"

"Who is it? Who's at the door?"

I hung up the phone and opened the door, Tina walked in like she owned the place and I rolled my eyes "You're a real piece of shit you know that?" She turned around pointing her finger at me.

I moved her finger and walked over to my jacket pulling out my cigarettes, taking one out, and lightening it "What part are you talking about?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

She crossed her arms looking at me "Does Michael know?"

"He does"

"I'm assuming Marco doesn't because there hasn't been an attempt at your life"

"He knows better than to fuck with Babu" I inhaled the blew the smoke away from her, as much as I wanted to disrespect her I couldn't because Aurora adored her. Though there was only so much I would deal with from her.

"I know Laila and Brandon are rolling in their graves. Your wife too" She gave me a pointed look

"Ex-wife. She's dead Tina, thanks to your wonderful brother."

She scoffed "You still don't have a heart after all these years do you?"

"Last I checked. Hell, I was thinking about sending Marco a fucking fruit basket after I found out he killed" I paused looking up in fake thought "What was her name?"

"Beronia," She said with her teeth clenched together "She was Laila's best friend and mine too you fucking asshole"

"Beronia, right. I forgot" I said flicking my ashes in the ashtray.

I hadn't smoked all day, Aurora hates smoking so I make sure never to smoke around her or whenever I'm about to go see her. Now with this visit from Tina, I was sure I'm going to finish the pack off before she leaves.

I looked at Tina "What did you come here for? To reminisce about your friend?"

"You're fucking my niece Matteo, my niece that my brother is looking for."

"As I said Marco isn't stupid. He isn't going to fuck with Babu, not after what happened last time." I took another puff of my cigarette and blew it out close to her "Have you guys found his fingers yet?"